Bars, anyone?

Cheers (pun intended)!
I know Malta has a lot of bars, but as I'm not there yet, I'd like to get some feedback from those of you who do like an occasional bar visit.

Where are the best bars, why are these bars the best and what - if anything - is missing in the Maltese bar world?

PM me or share your input with the rest!

Cheers!
Geir

there are many bars etc some good some bad..but it depends on the areas you are thinking of as for recommendations....

I stand corrected, toonarmy9752, thanks! So for a start, I'd like to know what the bar scene in Mellieha looks like?

Cheers!

Its not that much different from anywhere else in the world really - just considerably cheaper..there are bars all over the village some mix the bar life with cafes and restaurants othrs are purely bars who serve snacks and appetizers (appetizers usually free...like gbejna goats cheese and crackers, hobz bi zeyt etc). There are bars that are frequented by irish, by scots and by english....there are purely maltese bars too (labour club and band clubs and some much smaller one room bars) but to be honest these are great as thats where you get to know more and understand the malti psyche (if thats possible!! lol) Mostly friendly but one watch word would be dont say anything personal to anyone unless you want it broadcast all over the village and thats the same wherever you go. They still have bingio and quiz nights and karaoke too very popular here as is the eurovision - many bars switch off the sport for it to take precedence...LOL so be prepared.

LOL, thanks again!
I'll PM you right away!

Cheers,
Geir