Spelling mistake in iqama

Hello thr!

Everything was going swimmingly while me and my husband found that there is a spelling mistake (in arabic) on his iqama. The spelling mistake is such that it look like another new name. However all other details including name in English are absolutely correct. I wanted to ask, if a mistake in arabic spelling matters?? Or shall we just leave it like that?

Many Thanx

Please have your Iqama changed.

The correct Arabic is more important.

The Arabic takes precedent over the English.

If you need to show your Iqama for anything 99.9% will read the Arabic.

To avoid any problems later, I would recommend that the Iqama is corrected.

@SaudiUK can say that again. I advise the same.

One more thing: make sure the english names match the ones on your passports.

Good luck with that - my neighbours kids have had each others pictures on their iqamas. One boy, one girl. She tried for ages and they refuse to change them.

In My IQAMA, Only the sequence of the name was wrong (English & Arabic), it was not accepted by the banks !! It is better to get it changed ASAP....And next time when you recieve the same, just get it proof read by some local, before taking the charge of the new IQAMA..... Good Luck :)

Everyone, Thanx for the replies !!

whats the procedure to do so ???? any document requirement for changing the name or just i go to jawazaat office and show them my iqama and get it changed? kindly help

I have same problem in my arabic family name, this is common problem here because of the programm used for each cell, You should provide your iqama to your HR  to take action for this, it will be recieved by the authority then start the same procedures again.

kandelo wrote:

I have same problem in my arabic family name, this is common problem here because of the programm used for each cell, You should provide your iqama to your HR  to take action for this, it will be recieved by the authority then start the same procedures again.

:one
I wish goverment matters could be any easier and hassle-less.

My name on passport is Abdul Mannan (changed for this forum) and on iqama is Abdul Mannan qamaruddin (my dads name is added). While my dads full name is Mohammed Qamaruddin. So what should be my name on iqama????

saimans wrote:

In My IQAMA, Only the sequence of the name was wrong (English & Arabic), it was not accepted by the banks !! It is better to get it changed ASAP....And next time when you recieve the same, just get it proof read by some local, before taking the charge of the new IQAMA..... Good Luck :)

The same thing happened to me this morning, the bank refused to process my application to open an account due to a contraction of my 2nd surname on my Iqama which is MED, it must be written in full MOHAMED they said.
I hope it will be easy to change.

How about my driving license? should I change it too?

@ Abu_Adel - Yes, you need to change the name on the IQAMA and also the arabic and english sequence of the name shd be the same.

Yeh it is easy to get it changed and I dont think so you need to change the DL as you dont have to carry out any financial transaction with that !!

Good Luck

Today I have got my wife aqama,, , spelling mistake in arabic is there in her sur name,, , sharjeel is written as shaarjeel in arabic,, but in husband's name column it is correctly written as it should be , means sharjeel....is there need to be changed or remian same,, as wife is not involving in any job or other matters like bank, lisence.plz reply