Divorce In Egypt!!

Ohhhhh nice
Alina you know the law in egypt
Better than me

Are you from romania or egyptian lawyer
How did you know these informations

Dear Hossam Hosny,

Thank you for your kind appreciation.
When you are interested in something you are doing all your best to get all the informations you need. And here i found so nice persons (thank you The Egyptian and The.Interpreter) willing to help others, if you will follow all the discussions here about this subject you will see.

Best Regards,
Alina

Hi Guys,
I'm wondering if someone can help me for my situation, I am an egyptian muslim got married to a christian girl in the USA and a few years ago, have no kids, I live in Egypt now and I can not get hold of her by any means and I want to divorce her in Egypt. Do you have any idea how to do this.
I appreciate it

where did the marriage take place?

Ibrahim_Elgendy wrote:

Hi Guys,
I'm wondering if someone can help me for my situation, I am an egyptian muslim got married to a christian girl in the USA and a few years ago, have no kids, I live in Egypt now and I can not get hold of her by any means and I want to divorce her in Egypt. Do you have any idea how to do this.
I appreciate it

in USA

QUESTION ABOUT THE CIVIL STATUS DEPT. ( FAMILY RECORDS)

My ex sent me a paper from the Civil Status Dept, it only showed his current marriage to his first wife,  he  divorced her , married me,  then he remarried her while we were still married and it showed his children names on it.   Why does it not show my name of when we married, and divorced?   We married May 2011 and this paper is dated Sept. 2014...... I should be on it by now, right?

He said, they don't do that anymore,   Is that true?

Also how does a man re-marry his ex, who never married again?  They supposedly had a Revocable divorce, BUT he did not take her back during her Idaat...... so confused.

My ex had no issues divorcing me when I was not there. He went to the Ministry of Justice and did it.. had a couple of witnesses with him,,,,, and that was it.

I should of asked first before responding, were you and her married at the Ministry of Justice?

Well guys,i have a question.is that true once a foreigner is divorced,the resident visa will be annulated ?

No, but the Egyptian ex-spouse can cancel it

How the ex-husband can do it?

using divorce papers !

Tht's logical! But as long as he hasnt the passport of his ex wiwife to cancel on it too? How is this available? He annulated the visa with divorce papers but the foreigner can use it all the time.

yes he can do so without the passport, and the visa will be cancelled upon the first time u enter/exit

Thank you for your reply.

meme1 wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

the main key word in such divorces = lawyer - a good one will be able to fiddle with the divorce in ways no one could imagine

I don get u,can u exolain?

meme1 wrote:

I don get u,can u exolain?

i mean it all depends on how good is your lawyer, they can manipulate, push time frames & paperwork

My question was clear i think,what r u talking about, i dont know!

I didnt ask about divorce,but visa.

meme1 wrote:

I didnt ask about divorce,but visa.

u lost me please call me to discuss what you need and how i can help/direct you in the right way, my cell# 01007328210

Lol.

meme1 wrote:

Lol.

thank you

Feel free and write here.no need for calls.

some people will go great lengths to just try to get someone's #

The Egyptian wrote:

some people will go great lengths to just try to get someone's #

so im trying to help and not confuse meme1...and all u got from that is want her No. ....(moderated: no insults here )

meme1 wrote:

Feel free and write here.no need for calls.

np,,,i didnt mean anything by it....and your always welcomed to ask me what ever you need...

Thank u guys,no need for calls,i got the answer. Dont need to extend this to unnecessary discussions.

Hi everybody,

Can we please avoid unnecessary discussion or personal attacks? :)
Let's concentrate on the topic which is Divorce in Egypt please.

Thanks all

Priscilla

There is a situation regarding the divorce between a foreigner and an egyptian muslim husband:they will divorce through a mutual agreement. (I must mention that the marriage is done at M J). Now the question is: what he has to pay for her as long as in the marriage paper is writen NOTHING(1 LE).?
Thank you all.

meme1 wrote:

There is a situation regarding the divorce between a foreigner and an egyptian muslim husband:they will divorce through a mutual agreement. (I must mention that the marriage is done at M J). Now the question is: what he has to pay for her as long as in the marriage paper is writen NOTHING(1 LE).?
Thank you all.

If she'll agree to the divorce, she can either agree to waive her rights and get really nothing, OR she'll get her Mut'aa money which is like a monthly payment for half of the time she was married to him (e.g.: if they were married for two years, then he has to pay her that for 1 year)

How she can claim this Mut'aa money.Through what? She can ask it while they sign the divorce? Or by law he is enforced to pay her? Or what is the best way for her to have this money? What if he doesnt wabt to pay it?

meme1 wrote:

How she can claim this Mut'aa money.Through what? She can ask it while they sign the divorce? Or by law he is enforced to pay her? Or what is the best way for her to have this money? What if he doesnt wabt to pay it?

she has to make sure not to sign off or waive it during signature on divorce.

If he doesn't pay amicably later on, she can sue him for this .....

however, this money depends on his income and commitments, and if she insists on him paying this money, he might withhold the divorce, then she'll have to sue for both divorce AND mutaa, which might be be a prolonged process and very costly, with most Egyptians lawyers overcharging foreigners .....

Alright, then the divorce will not take place, but will turn to be opened a court case, etc. by her!
Let's say he will agree to pay her monthly this Mut'aa, she can force him to sign a cheque about this money then to sign the divorce?Just to have the "insurance" she will receive the money.

meme1 wrote:

Alright, then the divorce will not take place, but will turn to be opened a court case, etc. by her!
Let's say he will agree to pay her monthly this Mut'aa, she can force him to sign a cheque about this money then to sign the divorce?Just to have the "insurance" she will receive the money.

you cannot "Force" anyone to do anything without a court order. You can negotiate and agree, but how do you expect to force someone to sign a cheque?

not to force in that meaning, but is that possible to ask him to sign a cheque about this money?

meme1 wrote:

not to force in that meaning, but is that possible to ask him to sign a cheque about this money?

you can ask, but I do not see him accepting that !

Thank you!

again, this all goes down how good your lawyer, and how strong are the marriage docs you have