Looking for info on central west pacific coast, costa rica

i'm planning on visiting costa rica aug 1-10 w/ my 23 yr. old daughter, my brother &/or a friend of my daughter. i'm interested in a place called the toucan hotel in uvita. it's really more of a hostel. it looks really cool w/lots of interesting guests & a communal atmosphere - cooking, activities etc.  i also just emailed the owner of a rental in playa bejuco was curious if anyone knew the place. here's the link - vrbo.com/380218#ownerprofile. if anyone knows anything about these places or has other places they'd suggest on the central pacific coast, i'd greatly appreciate your comments, info & suggestions. thank you.

Not right on the coast but just outside the town of San Isidro is a cabin or B&B (they do both) that we stayed in on our last visit.  We aren't beach people so this may not be the place for you but the owners - John and Sheelaugh Richards -  are interesting as is the area.  It's called Casa de Celtas.  Sheelaugh's email is [email protected]

thank you 4 taking being so thoughtful & taking the time 2 contact me. i'm still looking 4 a place on the central pacific coast.
stephen

We stayed five nights at costa-paraiso.com just outside of Dominical.  Superb location, some highway noise, right on the beach.  Bryce does a FABULOUS job of cooking.

And if you are looking for an afternoon meal:
The Refuge
Located at the end of the road in Dominical at Pyramys surf hotel, The Refuge makes one the best burgers around and a smoothy to match.

i really appreciate u taking the time 2 reply 2 my post. thank u so much 4  the info & suggestions.
stephen

Stephen,

All I can tell you is that the Uvita area is very nice, lots of good beaches there. Check out Las Ventanas and El Tortuga beaches, especially. The prices at the Tucan Hotel look very reasonable and I'll bet you can get a ton of good tips from the other guests there. From Uvita you are not too far from the Osa Peninsula, which I can highly recommend for a visit (on the Puerto Jiménez side, not Golfito). Something like 10-20 km before Pto. Jiménez there is a chocolate farm (name Koko??) owned by a German lady and her Tico husband. They have a fantastic tour of the entire organic farm with a delicious chocolate-based snack (almost a meal) at the end.

Pura vida!

- Casey
A Dull Roar - Moving to, Retiring in, and Living with Costa Rica