A tourist looking for a Job :D

Hello everyone! I am a new member of Expat :D

My name is Arturo C. Pacardo Jr. and now for a brief history about my situation.

I entered Schengen states via Germany as a tourist from Philippines and planned to visit Spain and next is Italy to see my relatives.

Now I am here in Madrid, Spain. I have been staying for a month now and loving it more and more! People here in Spain are warm, they always greet you! The places are so great that is so familiar to me because our country was once a colony of Spain! It feels like I am at home :D

I am getting used to my community here in Madrid and meeting random friends on the streets! People here are friendly btw. My plan now is to cancel my plans to Italy (already informed my relatives there, now they just plan to visit me here in Madrid), and planning of ways on how can I extend or even prolong my stay here in Madrid.

What I thought is to have a permanent job here in Madrid. Any job will do as long as I can have a working permit and what they call "residencia". I am a graduate of BS Computer Science and I'm very good at computers, troubleshooting hardwares and softwares. I have studied Cisco CCNA Networking etc. But I don't target to have a job based on my career for now, any job will do like dishwasher, delivery man, even at construction I would go for it even at the lowest salary offer! :D As long as it can provide me with legal papers and residence :D And in the long run, someday maybe, I can now pursue my field here in Madrid, Spain! :D

Btw, I am now taking Spanish lessons in CEE Idiomas. It is a language school near Sol. Of course if I want to stay here I better learn how to speak Spanish! :p

So I am asking you guys to help me find a job OR provide my with suggestions and information that would help/guide me in my situation.

I am looking forward to you response and any help will do.

Thank you so much and God bless you all! :D

[email protected]
[email protected]
Mobile: 602643810 (Madrid)

Hi and welcome to Expat.com ArturoJr.!

Maybe this article could help: https://www.expat.com/en/guide/europe/s … spain.html

Regards
Armand

Hi Armand,

Good day to you!

Thank you so much for your response and the link that you provided is very helpful! The useful links can provide information about jobs in Spain and also tips on how job applications work around in Spain.

I will check on all of those later, now I need to go to the nearest "Ayuntamiento" here in Cuatro Caminos, Madrid to obtain my "empadronamiento" or a certificate of stay or something like that. I searched the net and they say that "empadronamiento" is a must in order to have a constant head count in your area and it'll also be helpful in many ways.

So again I thank you for all the information that you provided and if you happen to find something helpful please do share it with me again.

!Adios! Hasta luego.

Art