Can a sponsored person's spouse work in Dammam

Hi,

I am considering a job as a professor in Dammam and I'm a lady, can my husband also work there.  I am getting the family visa and getting my family along with me.  Which is a good IB school in Dammam.  Can a lady drive a car if accompanied by husband?

Legally he can't work being on a 'Mehrem' visa. He can however transfer his sponsorship to same/other institution/sponsor and work legally.

About Ladies Driving: Nop! Not supposed to be behind the wheel at all.

Thanks a lot for the update.  He has done hospital management, so after how much duration can he find a job and do you have any idea of the pay scale in his field?  Which is a good IB school in dammam and close to the Dammam University?  What is the cost of living there like food, shelter, etc.

In general it's not gonna cost you a lot of money ,,,and Dammam university it's more close to Khobar. so you can life there ....and have a good time there..if you need any help please fell free to ask . it's my duties to make you comfortable.

good luck .
Mahdi

Hi,

New to this forum.

My wife has go an offer from Dammam University and we are planning to take this up.
1. From the forum i understand that if I have to work there then I need to find a job and then change my visa too. Correct ?
2. How far is this university from say Dammam city and what is the cost of accommodation there?
3. If women are not allowed to drive then how do women for eg who come alone to work as teacher there commute/travel ?

Regards
Praj