First timers to Europe... Looking for a local's advice

Hi, I'm from Summit County, Colorado, USA but currently studying/living in Iceland.  My hubby and I will be visiting Europe in May for 2 weeks.  It will be our first time, so we're stoked to explore our ancestor's homelands!  We already have two days/nights we'll stay in London.  We want to spend the majority of the time exploring the great outdoors, backpacking, and sightseeing (ie. Castles and geologic features).  What are the top wine & dine restaurants or brewpubs?   A whiskey tour could be fun too!  Does anyone have info on the ferry?  With all my preferences stated, could any locals offer some advice on the ‘Best Of' in the Ireland so we can ensure an epic experience during our short visit?
Takk Fyrir in advance :cool:

Where are you going and which countries do you wish to visit in europe and where do you want to start from and end. Europe is diverse and many places to visit but you have to specify what you wish to do or what your itinerary is. Not sure what you are requesting to know or not know? I am living in ireland, do you wish to visit only england and ireland or the most parts of europe because 2 weeks sound too short.

Hi Sanbo,

Thank you for your reply.  I posted in the Ireland forum because I was wanting information about the 'Best of' in Ireland.  Do you have any tidbits you'd care to share?

Take Care

the county that I am living in is wicklow known as the garden county of ireland. You could do a tour of wicklow. The west of ireland which I have not been to is beautiful as well and a must visit. As for the pubs, ireland is crawling with good pubs and there are no particular ones except for the highest pub which you should visit. It is located in wicklow and it is a must visit for any visitor to ireland. Even one of your american presidents I think Clinton is his name has been to visit it. Worth a visit. Johnny fox is the name of the pub. They have irish dancing in the evening so if you get on the website you could book your nite there. It is quite popular with tourist.Good luck

Sanbo,

Thanks a lot for your help.  Those are some excellent suggestions.

:)