My situation about visa application

Dear all,

I accepted a preliminary job offer from a university in Saudia on March 20. The HR department informed me on April 5 that my application is forwarded for employment screening and visa process. I have not yet received any reply. Shall i ask HR about the current status of my application? How long it takes for the employer to get visa approval?

I will be thankful for any information in this regard.

Thank You
Sohail

May 5 2012? :rolleyes:

@ TheLegendLeads some of them they think the process is quick and more faster like sending a email to the concern person and their visa process approved.
I think TheLegendLeads you can answer this question better :rolleyes:

@wilson & @ TLL: Time Travel ? It's not an app on Iphone, I guess :lol:

@Sohail: You accepted the offer only this last week (April 20th), right?

Employment screening and selection are part of a company's internal process. But if you have accepted an offer, then should not take long for them to start the formalities for visa. To answer your question; yes, you should ask the HR about the current status.

Confused like TLL ... May 5th?? It's still only 27th April

sorry guys for the incorrect dates. I have corrected the dates. please reply.

Next is Medical test and attestation of your original educational certificates. For this, usually the company appoints a Visa consultant in your country who will guide you through the process. The Visa consultant will apply for your visa and get attestation done. On submission of medical test reports and attested educational certificates, your visa will be issued.

I got my visa last month, and I'm travelling next week to Saudia.

As rule of thumb, It's always great to keep in constant follow-up with the employer at regular but APPROPRIATE intervals. 'Appropriate' in KSA is different than the rest of the world. Just make sure you don't nag them (employers in KSA get nagged quite soon). 3 weeks is quite an enough time to call/email them for a follow up.

Dave has explained the next steps.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

As rule of thumb, It's always great to keep in constant follow-up with the employer at regular but APPROPRIATE intervals. 'Appropriate' in KSA is different than the rest of the world. Just make sure you don't nag them (employers in KSA get nagged quite soon). 3 weeks is quite an enough time to call/email them for a follow up.

Dave has explained the next steps.

Okay, I'd give them 3 days to reply to an email and then I'd resend it with the msg. that I was 'concerned' the email hadn't reached them.  If I didn't do this, it would take weeks for them to reply to a simple question!

Alliecat wrote:

Okay, I'd give them 3 days to reply to an email and then I'd resend it with the msg. that I was 'concerned' the email hadn't reached them.  If I didn't do this, it would take weeks for them to reply to a simple question!

I din't follow up regularly, and as a result my visa got delayed by  two months at least. :(

Guys i wanted to ask that since April 5, it is now 22 days that i have not heard from the HR department. I have another job option at hand so i want a early reply from saudi employer. Any idea how many days i should wait for a reply from my saudi employer?

Please read the entire post top to bottom.

Something else to bear in mind is that Saudia only shares 3 working days with the rest of the world (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday).  This sets correspondence back.