Close

Best US states for an immigrant

Hello Everyone,

I'm immigrating from Egypt to USA soon, but i still can't make up my mind about where to live. I'm looking at the map and I'm like Oh My God !

I kinda like the big cities life style, are big cities or small towns better for immigrants ?

I'm simply looking for a place where it's not too hard to find a decent job, a place to rent for a good price and be able to move around with no car for the first few months (I mean using Subway or Bus)

Any suggestions ?

hi sleeping panther where do u live in egypt ?
iam currently in hurghada but come from new jersy
let me know if you ve some time before leaving
egypt ; to have a cup of coffee or so ; that i could
eventually give you some recommandations ; iam here
untill the end of may before moving to paris myself

Hi, I am Italian and I am living now for the second time in the USA. In my experience, Americans are usually pretty friendly everywhere. However, I have experienced just big-city life. In a big city you will find more options and more diversity, which could be a good thing on the short and long run. However big cities that offer you a good transportation system are not many and they are usually expensive (like Boston, San Francisco, New York...). In most of the American Cities you will need a car. Right now we live in Charlotte, NC. Great weather, good home-prices and pretty safe neighborhood. Many Americans love Charlotte because you can live pretty well with less. However: you will need a car. Are you going to work here? if yes, that will for sure also play a role in the choice of the right city for you.

am coming to USA as a non-immigrant. i will stay for around 6 months. am going to North Darkota state on a tourist visa. Is it possible for me to get a job there? I would want to top up my visit with an experience or working in United states.

No. If you have a tourist visa you cannot work here. You can volunteer if you like to. If you want to work you need a working permit.

Questions and answers about the USA

Ask your question
Julien
scottshi2012
Sahara housing
By scottshi2012
Adwo
Working in USA
By Adwo
nicklittle135
Entry under the U visa status
By nicklittle135
jeniff27
US Student Visa Refusal
By jeniff27
nicklittle135
I wish to enter into the usa under the U visa status
By nicklittle135

Expatriate health insurance in the USA

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the USA

Moving to the USA

Find tips from professionals about moving to the USA

Travel insurance in the USA

Enjoy a stress-free travel across the USA

Flights to the USA

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to the USA