Obtaining permanent residence

azumi25188 wrote:

Hello everyone!
My name is Leila from Philippines. My boyfriend is Ukrainian. Both of us are living and working in Malaysia for over a year now. We are already engaged to be married in June or July.  If we get married in Malaysia, is it going to be less paper works than getting married either in Ukraine or Philippines?

Word of advice. Get married in Ukraine.

After starting this thread I had a few problems and could not get time to re-post.
To recap, having been married for a number of years to a ukranian national and also getting married in Ukraine, I decided to obtain a residence card. The border runs were becoming tedious and then the 3 month in 3 month out situation raised its head.. I applied at the local Ovir, filled out the necessary forms and got permission to apply in effect. I then had to return to the Uk to obtain the new D visa at a cost of £900'ish and then take this to the Ovir again. I then paid 4000hrn to the boss of the Ovir office whils we had a drink in the cafe next door, and had my residence card inside a week. This card is valid for as long as my U.K passport is valid, I then need to get a new one along with a new passport.7 years away yet.

I have used the card twice on leaving and entering the country and no problems were encountered and it made coming back in much easier.

watchthatman wrote:

After starting this thread I had a few problems and could not get time to re-post.
To recap, having been married for a number of years to a ukranian national and also getting married in Ukraine, I decided to obtain a residence card. The border runs were becoming tedious and then the 3 month in 3 month out situation raised its head.. I applied at the local Ovir, filled out the necessary forms and got permission to apply in effect. I then had to return to the Uk to obtain the new D visa at a cost of £900'ish and then take this to the Ovir again. I then paid 4000hrn to the boss of the Ovir office whils we had a drink in the cafe next door, and had my residence card inside a week. This card is valid for as long as my U.K passport is valid, I then need to get a new one along with a new passport.7 years away yet.

I have used the card twice on leaving and entering the country and no problems were encountered and it made coming back in much easier.

Lucky you. I hope my OVIR director is as corrupt as urs :D

watchthatman wrote:

I then paid 4000hrn to the boss of the Ovir office whils we had a drink in the cafe next door, and had my residence card inside a week.

There are 6 or 7 years that I live in Ukraine, and I never paid no bribe to nobody…
To be corrupted you need to have somebody to corrupt you…

karayuschij wrote:
watchthatman wrote:

I then paid 4000hrn to the boss of the Ovir office whils we had a drink in the cafe next door, and had my residence card inside a week.

There are 6 or 7 years that I live in Ukraine, and I never paid no bribe to nobody…

Consider my case ..... an independent contractor, working overseas, and I have to bill my customer on a per day basis.

How on earth would they expect me to leave my job for five weeks without pay to get their bloody stamp/card? How would I pay my monthly commitments?

Even better, let's say they "really" need 5-6 weeks for a good reason (although as I see from that example, it really takes a week!), why can't they give people a multiple entry D-Visa, so they can go in, apply, go back to where they want, then when the residence visa is ready, go in again to collect it?

Why did they waive the requirement for an OVIR invitation for spouses of Ukrainians last year (Sep 2011, and accordingly I got my C-Visa for 1 year, multiple entry), and then reinstated it, so now I cannot get a new C-Visa without an invitation? To make money out of invitations ...... lol ..... why can't my wife sign for the invitation and pay at the embassy (she's living with me outside Ukraine) ..... why does she - or a relative - have to go to OVIR there to do it and snail-mail it !!

Yes ....... those who pay are enablers for corrupt people, but if governments put in place checks and balances to make sure all processes take just enough time (or even officially charge you more money for expedited processing), corruption will cease to exist.

I hate corruption, I hate enabling corrupt officials, but I wouldn't mind paying $500 to get my visa in one week instead of  6-8 weeks without pay !

karayuschij wrote:
watchthatman wrote:

I have been here 10 years, and it was the first time I have paid anything , obviously you do not drive in Ukraine, and I have not included GAI presents in that. I resent the implication that I myself am a corrupt individual, you know nothing about me or my situation and I would like to guess you do not run a business here as well. Please do not make sweeping comments about people and their morals without obtaining the facts first. Maybe Crimea being more removed from the centre of things is different to the big cities.

watchthatman wrote:
karayuschij wrote:
watchthatman wrote:

I have been here 10 years, and it was the first time I have paid anything , obviously you do not drive in Ukraine, and I have not included GAI presents in that. I resent the implication that I myself am a corrupt individual, you know nothing about me or my situation and I would like to guess you do not run a business here as well. Please do not make sweeping comments about people and their morals without obtaining the facts first. Maybe Crimea being more removed from the centre of things is different to the big cities.

"obviously you do not drive in Ukraine"
And you you know something about me and about my situation?
No!
For your info I have a car and I use it every day.

"I would like to guess you do not run a business here as well"
No again!
I am the owner and manager of my own company…

By the way I apologize if I offended you, it was absolutely not my intention.

When I said "To be corrupted you need to have somebody to corrupt you" I meant in a general situation.
This mean that till there will be people to pay bribes there will be people to ask them.
No more.
If you are in Ukraine for 10 years you also should know that all this "little corrupted people" (policemen, people in offices [taxes, OVIR, etc.]) are very coward people too, and I think that in 10 years you should have found the way to avoid to pay bribes, even to police when you drive you car…

I agree about the police situation and abhor the corruption that is endemic in Ukraine. I have not paid a traffic fine (present) for a long time. In fact the last time I complained so vociferously about the way I was treated when I refused to pay, that the police chief offered to pay me; (I refused and have not been bothered since.)

The OVIR situation was presented to me in a pay and get it in a week or less, (in fact it was 48 hours) or wait up to 6 months for the process. This would entail me coming back to the U.K. or overstay. I have no home now in the U.K. and the prospect of a hotel for 3 months or hopping from friend to friend did not appeal, I took the easy (for me ) option and paid. I would love to have said stuff it but could not risk a lengthy delay based on my refusal.....

Apology accepted.

watchthatman wrote:

In fact the last time I complained so vociferously about the way I was treated when I refused to pay, that the police chief offered to pay me

lol
It is typical.

watchthatman wrote:

The OVIR situation was presented to me in a pay and get it in a week or less, (in fact it was 48 hours) or wait up to 6 months for the process.

Yes, you were hurry.
In my case I had all the time that I want, and one or two weeks more or less was not a problem.
And when you are married and with a legal work permit, OVIR generally don't make any problem to give you an extension of visa, I always got it in one week or two if I remember well.
But maybe I am just a lucky man? … Hope it will not change.

Be happy, you live in the sunny part of Ukraine!
(Here we have snow since wednesday).

karayuschij wrote:

And when you are married and with a legal work permit, OVIR generally don't make any problem to give you an extension of visa, I always got it in one week or two if I remember well.

Not really. When you're Egyptian, they treat you like dirt ..... No matter how much you prove to them you are an educated professional who's genuinely married ......

^ Yes, I think that unfortunately you are probably right.
I really hope that this world will change in better, and that it will change in better at first for those that need it more.

The Egyptian wrote:
karayuschij wrote:

Not really. When you're Egyptian, they treat you like dirt ..... No matter how much you prove to them you are an educated professional who's genuinely married ......

No there is no problem being Egyptian or American.I am from Pakistan and always extended my visa without any problem because the main thing is you have to extend your visa in the Central Ovir not in your district Ovir.Because in district Ovir they will always give you problem(i mean bribe).

Tedd Bundy wrote:
The Egyptian wrote:
karayuschij wrote:

No there is no problem being Egyptian or American.I am from Pakistan and always extended my visa without any problem because the main thing is you have to extend your visa in the Central Ovir not in your district Ovir.Because in district Ovir they will always give you problem(i mean bribe).

In my wife's city there is no district OVIR. She has to go to the Oblast central OVIR.

I have never been there. I had a multiple entry visa valid all through 2012 (a just-in-case visa) and I never used it.

Hello
my friend got married with Ukrainian lady and because of his misunderstandings and different cultures they got divorced and before divorce he got permanent residence of Ukraine just because may be one day she loves him and call him back 
So, he have Permanent Residence of Ukraine and it is date less means (без даты, это означает открытым на всю жизнь) and he was registered in her house, she call him and told him that we have unregistered you from our house, so now he want to go back to Ukraine in his vacation to see his old friends, families and class mates.
Please tell me what is the law, CAN HE GO BACK TO UKRAINE AND THEY WILL NOT STOP HIM ON IMMIGRATION POINT AT AIRPORT (BOARDERS), Is the permanent residence working forever?

The permanent residency certificate shall be annulled by the regional body or department of the State Migration Service that has issued it in case of annulment of the migration permit according to articles 12 and 13 of the Law of Ukraine On Migration.

ARTICLE 12: The immigration permit can be canceled in the following cases: 1) it is ascertained that it was granted based on deliberately false information, forged or expired documents being provided; 2) the immigrant is convicted to imprisonment for more than 1 year and the court verdict has taken effect; 3) the immigrant's actions are dangerous to the national security of Ukraine, public order in Ukraine; 4) this is necessary for health protection, protection of rights and legitimate interests of Ukrainian citizens; 5) the immigrant violated the legislation on the status of foreigners and stateless persons; 6) in other cases set forth by Ukrainian laws.

As you can see termination of marriage that was a ground for issuance of the permanent residency certificate is not included in article 12. However clause 6 of article 12 is rather ambiguous. So to be sure you need to consult with a lawyer.

thanks for the answer
I have Inquiry:- If person married to Ukrainian citizen and live outside Ukraine can after 2 years go Ukraine and get permanent residence or should live in Ukraine 2 years?

You do not need to live in Ukraine for this. Only the period of marriage matters.

The Egyptian wrote:
person wrote:

hello i will marry a ukrainian girl in ukraine
how i can get the permanent residence?
and if we divorce after permanent residence can it cancel the permanent residence or it still working?

The likes of you are the reason governments give people like me a hard time .........

Sorry, but I must at this point inject the sound of my laughter.

wjsd_kyiv wrote:
The Egyptian wrote:
person wrote:

hello i will marry a ukrainian girl in ukraine
how i can get the permanent residence?
and if we divorce after permanent residence can it cancel the permanent residence or it still working?

The likes of you are the reason governments give people like me a hard time .........

Sorry, but I must at this point inject the sound of my laughter.

I am glad u liked my reply.

But besides that it made you laugh :D , don't you agree with me, that there are so many people in honest marriages out there having to jump through hoops because of the likes of this joker, who just get married for the sake of a visa, green card ....etc.?

person wrote:

now my friend not register in address is that make permanent not valid or can go and do new address and the permanent residence be valid?

with your "Engelesh" I find it quite difficult to believe that you live in "LondEn" as your profile states.

how hard is it for someone to know that when a post is removed by a mod, they should not repost it?

Dear Mods/Admins : For ***'s sake, please ban that guy !

GreyKyiv wrote:

The permanent residency certificate shall be annulled by the regional body or department of the State Migration Service that has issued it in case of annulment of the migration permit according to articles 12 and 13 of the Law of Ukraine On Migration.

ARTICLE 12: The immigration permit can be canceled in the following cases: 1) it is ascertained that it was granted based on deliberately false information, forged or expired documents being provided; 2) the immigrant is convicted to imprisonment for more than 1 year and the court verdict has taken effect; 3) the immigrant's actions are dangerous to the national security of Ukraine, public order in Ukraine; 4) this is necessary for health protection, protection of rights and legitimate interests of Ukrainian citizens; 5) the immigrant violated the legislation on the status of foreigners and stateless persons; 6) in other cases set forth by Ukrainian laws.

As you can see termination of marriage that was a ground for issuance of the permanent residency certificate is not included in article 12. However clause 6 of article 12 is rather ambiguous. So to be sure you need to consult with a lawyer.

my friend was register address in has wife after divorce he go from home now my friend not register in address is that make permanent not valid or can go and do new address and the permanent residence be valid?

If you look at the PR certificate, then you will see there the registration address. So if the address changes I assume you should change your PRC too.

Hi,

Thank you for the valuable information on your experience with this. I am, too, will start the process later this year and decided to find out what is required from me, as a British citizen. My application is based on the fact that my grandparents are ukrainian, and my parents are both permanent residents.

Did you have to provide a copy of your CRB Basic Disclosure (personal security background check in UK) and some kind of a UK residency confirmation with your application (apart from the driving licence)? Also, I heard something about a medical check certificate for certain diseases. Was this asked from you as well?

Thanks a lot in advance.

aviper wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for the valuable information on your experience with this. I am, too, will start the process later this year and decided to find out what is required from me, as a British citizen. My application is based on the fact that my grandparents are ukrainian, and my parents are both permanent residents.

Did you have to provide a copy of your CRB Basic Disclosure (personal security background check in UK) and some kind of a UK residency confirmation with your application (apart from the driving licence)? Also, I heard something about a medical check certificate for certain diseases. Was this asked from you as well?

Thanks a lot in advance.

I do not know whom you asked so I'll just share what I know.

As I understood you, your grandparents were Ukrainian citizens, your parents are not Ukrainian citizens but they have the permanent residency permits. I also assume that you are over 18 years old.

You'll need to submit:
- an application (you can PM me your email and I'll send you the form);
- three 3.5 x 4.5 centimeter photos;
- a copy of document certifying your identity;
- a document certifying the place of your residency;
- family information (e.g. copies of birth certificates, marriage certificate, etc.);
- a document certifying you are not a chronic alcoholic, inhalants addict, drug addict or that you have infection diseases determined by the central executive state body of Ukraine responsible for the state health policy. Such a document may be issued by a medical institution.
- copies of documents certifying family relationship with your Ukrainian grandparents;
- a certificate of absence of previous convictions. You must know better than me what UK institution or body issues such certificates, however, I guess it should be the Home Office in the UK.
- a receipt certifying payment of the state duty for consideration of your documents. As you live in the UK and will apply to the local Ukrainian diplomatic office or consulate out there, you should inquire them about the fee.

All copies of the documents must be notarized and apostilled.

G.

Correct. Parents are only residents, but grandparents are citizens.

One of the things I am having trouble with is what document/certificate to provide as 'a document certifying the place of your residency'. Since there is no such thing as 'прописка' in the UK, all people need to provide for any applications here is a gas bill, for example, to prove residency at your address. Will my driving licence, with my address on it, be sufficient?
A certificate of absence of previous convictions shouldn't be a problem.
Medical certificate could be more problematic due to the specific nature of the list, but shouldn't be a big deal, especially via a private clinic.
I am planning to collect whatever documents I can here, in the UK, and apply in Kiev. The rest will be provided locally. I understand I need to apply for a special visa if I am to do this. In my case, is it still the category 'D' visa?

Regards

Hi John

if you know what papers you need for residency could you let me know please

thanks martin

I am a US citizen and interested to receive a Type D long-term stay VISA in Ukraine. As I understand in order to receive this I should have a work permit and business VISA, for example, as an English teacher for an English school in Ukraine? If I come with my wife (she is a Russian citizen) does she also need a work permit and business VISA to live with me long-term in Ukraine?

How much time is necessary to make the Type D VISA? Can I pay to have it made faster?

I have a registered business in Russia. Could I register a subsidiary in Ukraine and receive working permits and business VISA's this way?

Lastly, we are expecting a baby in November. :) If we were in Ukraine when the baby is born can the baby receive a Ukrainian passport? Can this assist us in receiving residency in Ukraine?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. I want to be living in Sevastopol before my baby is born.

Brian

SweetDaddyB wrote:

I am a US citizen and interested to receive a Type D long-term stay VISA in Ukraine. As I understand in order to receive this I should have a work permit and business VISA, for example, as an English teacher for an English school in Ukraine? If I come with my wife (she is a Russian citizen) does she also need a work permit and business VISA to live with me long-term in Ukraine?

How much time is necessary to make the Type D VISA? Can I pay to have it made faster?

I have a registered business in Russia. Could I register a subsidiary in Ukraine and receive working permits and business VISA's this way?

Lastly, we are expecting a baby in November. :) If we were in Ukraine when the baby is born can the baby receive a Ukrainian passport? Can this assist us in receiving residency in Ukraine?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. I want to be living in Sevastopol before my baby is born.

Brian

Russians do not even need a passport to enter Ukraine, they can enter with their "National Passport" which is in lieu of ID cards.

Ukraine does not endorse the "Jus Soli" regime, meaning that your baby will NOT be Ukrainian just for being born in Ukraine. Babies born in Ukraine to at least one Ukrainian parent are Ukrainian.

SweetDaddyB wrote:

Brian

Hi, Brian

1. Passport is issued for people older 16 years. So no Ukrainian passport for your coming baby for the next 16 years in any case. But everyone born on the territory of Ukraine can accept the Ukrainian citizenship. So if you like, you can register you baby as Ukrainian citizen. And then yes – it will assist you in receiving residency in Ukraine. But think very carefully about this. Ukraine does not allow the dual citizenship. So it may happen that by accepting the Ukrainian citizenship for your child you will deprive him/her of the US citizenship. You should study not only the relevant Ukrainian but also US legislation in this regard.

2. You can register a subsidiary of your Russian company. But in 90% cases this is a bad idea. However, maybe it is a good idea for you. Everything depends on your particular goal. Shortly – a subsidiary has to have a director, address, pay taxes, etc., registration of subsidiaries of foreign companies is absolutely different from registration of companies, a subsidiary cannot carry out business. It can only represent the mother company's interests.

3. D visa is issued up to 15 calendar days. The term may be extended up to 30 days if necessary. The term may be abridged for an extra (OFFICIAL) fee. Visas should be issued within one working day on the border checkpoints.

4. There are a number of ways/grounds for obtaining the type D visa. So I would recommend you to decide on the purpose of your visit to Ukraine.

The Egyptian wrote:

Ukraine does not endorse the "Jus Soli" regime, meaning that your baby will NOT be Ukrainian just for being born in Ukraine. Babies born in Ukraine to at least one Ukrainian parent are Ukrainian.

Hi Egyptian;)

Who told you about this? I have opposite information.

GreyKyiv wrote:
The Egyptian wrote:

Hi Egyptian;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_citizenship

Birth within the territory of Ukraine does not automatically confer citizenship.

The Egyptian wrote:
GreyKyiv wrote:
The Egyptian wrote:

Hi Egyptian;)

Birth within the territory of Ukraine does not automatically confer citizenship.

Interesting. But this statement is not correct. There are cases of confering citizenship automatically. However, it is not the case for Brian. Almost not the case. In the case of Brian's child:
A person born on the territory of Ukraine, whose parents are foreigners legitimately residing on the territory of Ukraine, is a Ukrainian citizen provided that the child did not obtain a citizenship of one of the parents.

GreyKyiv wrote:
The Egyptian wrote:
GreyKyiv wrote:

Hi Egyptian;)

Interesting. But this statement is not correct. There are cases of confering citizenship automatically. However, it is not the case for Brian. Almost not the case. In the case of Brian's child:
A person born on the territory of Ukraine, whose parents are foreigners legitimately residing on the territory of Ukraine, is a Ukrainian citizen provided that the child did not obtain a citizenship of one of the parents.

Yes, this clause is to prevent statelessness (i.e., when a child is born for instance to a father who is a Canadian citizen by descent and a Lebanese mother in Ukraine ..... Canada does not extend citizenship by descent to the second generation, Lebanese women cannot confer citizenship to their offspring, so in such case such a child is stateless) ..... However if the child CAN have another citizenship, he cannot be naturalized as Ukrainian by birth.

The Egyptian wrote:

Yes, this clause is to prevent statelessness (i.e., when a child is born for instance to a father who is a Canadian citizen by descent and a Lebanese mother in Ukraine ..... Canada does not extend citizenship by descent to the second generation, Lebanese women cannot confer citizenship to their offspring, so in such case such a child is stateless) ..... However if the child CAN have another citizenship, he cannot be naturalized as Ukrainian by birth.

You are right. This is the purpose of the clause. But which citizenship the child obtains in this case, i.e. Russian or American? It is the Brian's problem:) There is a chance for the kid to be a Ukrainian, although I would never do such evil to my kid:)

GreyKyiv wrote:
The Egyptian wrote:

You are right. This is the purpose of the clause. But which citizenship the child obtains in this case, i.e. Russian or American? It is the Brian's problem:) There is a chance for the kid to be a Ukrainian, although I would never do such evil to my kid:)

He can be both, American-Russian.

Yes no offence to Ukraine/Ukrainians, but choosing Ukrainian citizen over US Citizenship would not be a wise decision for the child's welfare.

The main reason for the baby having Ukraine citizenship was to get permanent residency for us to live permanently in Ukraine. Perhaps there is another way to achieve this permanent residency solution. If not I guess we both need to get the Type D business VISA. It is for 1 year as I understand?

The US Embassy in St Petersburg told me by phone that I can get Russian citizenship firstly for the baby and then US. So that is the preferred idea.

SweetDaddyB wrote:

The main reason for the baby having Ukraine citizenship was to get permanent residency for us to live permanently in Ukraine. Perhaps there is another way to achieve this permanent residency solution. If not I guess we both need to get the Type D business VISA. It is for 1 year as I understand?

The US Embassy in St Petersburg told me by phone that I can get Russian citizenship firstly for the baby and then US. So that is the preferred idea.

Check your PM box.

I am married to a Ukrainian citizen, I am now wait for temporary stay in Ukraine for one year and waited more than a 45 and now must  back to my country after 2 days because  important reasons.

Is it possible for my wife to receive my temporary residence instead of me? Do anyone have any suggestions to me?

more than 45 days