What is your idea of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia?

saimans wrote:
dr.teh wrote:

KSA is a good place to live in but all depends on your job. If you have got a good job at a good place you will lead a wonderful life. I m working at salman al habib hospital and satisfied.

Agreed with you, but I guess you are talking about job satisfaction and not life satisfaction !!

well said saimans. No life here just money making machines. :)

Hi All

Saudi Arabia is a good place to work and live,
every thing cheaper than other countries with tax free,
you can choose where to live depend on your budget,

for me I like living here than other countries.

Good luck for all expats here

lifcrazy wrote:

Hi All

Saudi Arabia is a good place to work and live,

Depends on what Kind of job you are doing, I have seen more people (Expats-Blue Collored) suffering here than being happy.

Hello everyone!

It's been forever since i last dropped by, thought I'd drop a few lines to add more ripples into these awesome discussions. for some of us this might be a chit chat on the web, others it might be showing appreciation or releasing frustration. but with or without realizing we are helping all those who seek more honest uncensored insight to a place they intend to spend a few years of their lives in. be it with their families or them lonely selves. (second being worst case scenario for the forever alone type). so to all you folks sharing the good or bad, a big thank you.

Salman  :D

I think Saudi is good place for families and you will not feel big difference if you live in specially Eastern zone.

Being confident and outgoing, friendly and non-judgemental always helps when traveling, no matter where you are.  Good for you!
   I'm American and have gone to the rough and tumble Souks with European woman who refuses to cover her hair- she is also friendly and confident.  Nobody says anything to us - ever!  We get lots of stares, but we smile and wave...  We have fun and enjoy the adventure - but we are not challenging the system or flaughting our status (maybe a little! 😜)...  We both love Riyadh and are having a good time here... Gratitude is the attitude!  We are grateful for the free housing, good pay, and travel experience - all the minor negatives we ignore... Luv, mike e.

All of Allah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia I mine Saudi Arabia people is good but some policy is not good actually million people Jimmy some company this is so very bad Saudi Arabia policy. Or work is all same to same but some Saudi people some Saudi people point simple security jobs how can activate Kingdom of saudi Arabia. I think all the people is freedom. Or maybe some low strong. Strong low American. Singapore. Italy. London Australia. Canada but I all people freedom. Or texts more than all people happy

mosa Hyder wrote:

All of Allah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia I mine Saudi Arabia people is good but some policy is not good actually million people Jimmy some company this is so very bad Saudi Arabia policy. Or work is all same to same but some Saudi people some Saudi people point simple security jobs how can activate Kingdom of saudi Arabia. I think all the people is freedom. Or maybe some low strong. Strong low American. Singapore. Italy. London Australia. Canada but I all people freedom. Or texts more than all people happy

Couldn't understand a word of what you are trying to say !!

Well country is good and you can save money compared to others country, here many good peoples and also bad.

facetech wrote:

Well country is good and you can save money compared to others country, here many good peoples and also bad.

Why repetitive posts ??  :/

By mistake dear..

facetech wrote:

By mistake dear..

No problemo, That was just for clarification !!

i am an indian doctor,a hindu by religion has fallen in love with saudia..

drhemantkumarkage wrote:

i am an indian doctor,a hindu by religion has fallen in love with saudia..

Perfect  :one

if you are with your family then i guess it's a good place.

I'm finding it difficult living here. My independence is slipping away.

The Saudi nation still has one of the most traditional societies worldwide. It is governed by firm religious beliefs, rules and traditions, which expats must acclimatize to, for the law is no more lenient on foreigners than it is on local residents.
The traditions and attitudes of local society have been shaped by Islamic as well as Bedouin culture. Thus, expatriates living in Saudi Arabia will soon discover that family bonds are still much stronger there than in many other cultures, to the extent that they permeate all aspects of life, even the business world

Women who live in Saudi Arabia have a defined legal status –they have fewer rights than men in many respects and play a very limited role in public. However, the country is making slow progress toward some form of gender equality. Moreover, the strength of the guardianship law, which dictates that all women regardless of age must have a male guardian to either accompany her in public, grant permission to travel, attend school or marry and if needed identify her in the eyes of the public, will be reduced. National identity cards will be issued at this time, meaning women can identify themselves and be recognized as individual citizens in the eyes of the law.
While female expats living in Saudi Arabia will not be bound to quite the same restrictions as the local population, they must still submit to the laws and customs of their host country, no matter how disagreeable or different from home they may find them.
Driving is strictly forbidden for women. Outside the typical compound, gender segregation is common in all areas of the public sphere, from the more obvious places, like swimming pools, to the less obvious, such as restaurants. However, expat women do have more freedoms than their Saudi Arabian counterparts in the Kingdom. For example, while foreign women can book themselves into a resort on their own, Saudi women enjoy no such luxury.

Can't wait to get out if here...

Hi Everyone,
I am living and working in Sakaka, Al Jouf.
My experience so far is that I am really enjoying life here. The locals are very friendly and helpful, I love the weather and the food. As far as I am aware I'm the only European male in Sakaka at the moment, but I could be wrong, its not a problem for me as I have made many friends since arriving.
Even people who have lived and worked in Riyadh and Jeddah warned me about moving to Sakaka, but I really like the place.
As previous posts have said, you need an open mind and to be respectful of the culture.

It is a perfect country to live in, specially for Muslims. It is the only country imposes closure of shops at prayer time to give labors and employees their right for praying. From other hand, all people can live with any level of income (Barakah).

Best place to be rich  :D

Rich? If that is true then i could have been one of those we call "well-off" or "rich". I'd rather say, best place to "earn & save." However, I still have to qualify this claim because from my experience I didn't really save much. I spent more. I tend to shop more and the send the rest of the funds back home.

I spent 3 years living and working in Saudi Arabia, in Khamis Mushait, Tabuk, Riyadh , Daranh and Jeddah, both as a single expat and with my family, and have to say it is by far the worst place i ever worked in. The Saudis seem to think they are in some way superior, despite the fact that were it not for foreigners, rhey would still be living in the desert eating sheeps eyes over a camel dung fire.
They have little culture, no manners, and are arrogant beyond belief. After 3 Years in SA Zi have no desire to ever go back to what is essentially a waste land.

so happy you left, now we can hear less complaints.

Vietpete1947 wrote:

I spent 3 years living and working in Saudi Arabia, in Khamis Mushait, Tabuk, Riyadh , Daranh and Jeddah, both as a single expat and with my family, and have to say it is by far the worst place i ever worked in. The Saudis seem to think they are in some way superior, despite the fact that were it not for foreigners, rhey would still be living in the desert eating sheeps eyes over a camel dung fire.
They have little culture, no manners, and are arrogant beyond belief. After 3 Years in SA Zi have no desire to ever go back to what is essentially a waste land.

Vietpete1947 wrote:

and have to say it is by far the worst place i ever worked in. The Saudis seem to think they are in some way superior, despite the fact that were it not for foreigners, rhey would still be living in the desert eating sheeps eyes over a camel dung fire.

Did someone forced you to work here for those 3 years or was it your choice ?? If it was your choice then only you have to be blamed for all this what you said.... Not the locals here !! Next time do make better choices :)

A wise and strong person knows how and manage to live here :)
Complaining doesn't give any benefit, it's just a matter of choice and how you view things. And before you decide to be an expatriate here in KSA make sure that you are open for a lot of changes. :) I enjoy the work and culture :) I got immunity shots haha

For me, it's not the place I would choose to live. it's good for work and business but there is no much fun. I think many people share the same thinking about Saudi Arabia.
Nevertheless, cheerful people can entertain and create fun anywhere.

Hey Everyone,
For me, Saudi Arabia was originally just a place where oil came from. I had a preconception in my mind when I got here. I went through the first two weeks adjusting to the cultural differences and now, so far it's just a great place to be. Cultural places are fun to go to and close to some other places-Dubai and other travel destinations.
My wife and I have been enjoying our time here. Not sure how long we will stay but nothing has left a very bad taste in our mouths yet.

My recruitment process is over.

I will have landed in Riyadh, on Thursday evening.

I hope to make new friends there in a different life.

See you soon.

Nothing comes free.  Its our own judgement that the sacrifice of certain habits are nore more important than earning fast bucks.  Hope that answers...:)

this was supposed to be a reply to the earlier post...

You better use a better translator...:), this was supposed to be a reply to the earlier post...

Racism will be there in every country and its not fair to generalize it.  I have many a Saudi friends who are more closer to me than others.  It depends again how you carry yourself and how you perceive other culture.  "While in Rome, act like Romans do" should be the motto if you want to be a success in any society.

Welcome to Saudi Arabia bro...

thank you :)

Its a nice place.
They respect the qualified candidates and most of the companies are not asking the religion or cast here..! Sometimes, something bad... that you can see every countries in the world.

Bad and good.. you will find it anywhere...

This country is awesome, you don't have to worry if your holding your phone while you drive, speeding ticket here and there, but I've never come across an unfriendly Saudi - a few who hate Americans fortunately I'm not American.

I saw a muttawa for the first time in 3 years on Thursday in the Kingdom tower basement.

Ok you get shut in, shut out at prayer time, you need to listen to expats whine while lining their pockets and refusing to leave.......... but all in I'd rather be here than anywhere else where people like me are seen as financial piñatas.

The only other countries I could compare this place to are Switzerland and Scotland, healthcare and education being free - for the nationals - is pretty much on the top of my list of what makes countries worth being in. They even have a "chocolate" street :)

What I like in Saudi Arabia is their Health Care system, Employer cannot renew the iqama not unless health card is renewed. It shows that they care about the worker.

Interesting topic