I love C.D.O.

I travel 1 to 2 times a year to C.D.O. from Seattle Washington, with my filipina wife.  We will be moving in a few years to C.D.O. We own a nice car wash there and own land on the nice beach there, and will build another business over there as well, and we hope to live off that money as we are only 30 and 28 years old, and will not have retirement or pension to support us.  We will live with the family in the city, which is no problem with me, because I already live with half of her family her in the states which was my choice.  I have been all over the P.I. and C.D.O. would be my favorite place to Live in. I love the people and all the new developments going on in the city, it really is the city in boom and the city of Golden Friendship.

Hi youngamericanguy!

Welcome to Expat.com

Armand

Thanks Armand, It's Good to be here!

Hi, Dave here. You must really love your wife and her family. Is it nice in C.D.O?
I have did what you are planning. I moved to Marabut, Samar, a few years ago which was really nice. Since then I have come back to London for basicaly financial reasons. But I wish you all the best, i'm sure with dedication it will all work out great.

Hey Dave, yeah I love her family alot we all help eachother when needed, and they are not in our business and give us space even though we all live together.  C.D.O. really is great, it has everything you need and want in a city and the small surrounding towns are really nice and quiet too.  Her brother runs the car wash for us, and puts money into our account over there and then they get a small salary as well, but If I wanted to live of a car wash over there I would need around 5 or so of them, haha, but it did not cost much to build and start from the ground up.  You should really check out C.D.O. next time you in the P.I.  You can find cheap houses, townhouses, apartments etc....for rent everywhere in C.D.O.

C.D.O.???????

Flying Fox, C.D.O. = ( Cagayan De Oro ).

ok! i hope your business will work-out great.
im in business also for foreign food here in Surigao City. i make my own black forest ham,cooked ham,cordon bleu,  (salami,t-bones steak's, sausages and many more. this time im little bit busy with our new tourist attraction goldpanning surigao. which is work great, i always go with tourist goldpanning.

Wow, sounds great, I have been wanting to come over your way for awhile now, I'll come checkout your area hopefully next year.  I know the surfing is really nice over there, but I don't know how to Surf.  Me and the wife's family will also do a little farming-corn, vegetables, etc...They have big land out in the country of Bukidnon, and tones of Pinapples.  So basically we will do several different things to make a living.

Reminds me so much of myself before I moved here to live 2 years ago.
Best of luck to you.

Hi,im Aaron from the states,i have friends in cdo,i would like to know if its safe for me to vist,if so i would like to find a nice hotel, and some good places to eat, thxs and may god bless!!

accwayne,
CDO is very safe, lived here for 2, 12 months of that in the squatters area in Carmen, never had a problem. You respect them as a people and you will have no problems.

PHIL (PORTIco II LUmbia)

Love the topic and some nice replies!
Youngamericanguy I applaud you for going after your dreams...dont blame you a bit for choosing the Philippines. Im sure you will have a happy life and manage to make a decent living or better.
Good luck.

Jim from California