Volunteer work

Hi all

I'm here for the next few months with my partner. While he is at work, I have nothing to do

Does anyone know where I can sign up to do some volunteer work? I can only speak English. I'm planning to learn Arabic but the courses does not start until June.

I need to do something with my time as I am going crazy with boredom.

Shukran

You can enroll by calling Volunteer Abroad Jordan or go through the web site.

Thanks Wilson, will check it out

Not sure where you are at but I came here only being able to speak English and I started teaching IELTS, TOEFL and Advanced Conversation.  People really want to learn from native speakers and will go out of their way to go to whatever center you are working at.  I never had any teaching experience before but that really didn't matter.  Be aware of people that try to use you for their own profit... they are good at taking advantage of the fact that you don't know anything about the market here.  Hope this helps!

Thanks for your reply, I have checked out volunteering site and I can't afford the $2000 fee to join, JUST to volunteer.

Teaching without a word of Arabic sounds challenging.

Leapoffaith,

I know how scary it sounds and you can volunteer in the teaching respect as well.  I speak no Arabic as well.  I didn't project on being here this long.  I know what you mean by paying money to help... absolutely ridiculous.  I have looked into stuff like that before and was completely deterred because of the pay to volunteer!

Check this out:
http://www.facebook.com/JordanVolunteers