What type of apartment can I find for $100 - $250 USD around asuncion?

It doesn't have to be huge and luxurious, it can be small, but clean and in a safe area.

You may need to be more specific about what you consider small, clean and safe. Your standards may differ greatly from those of other expats or locals.

Small: how many rooms, bathrooms, etc

Clean;do you mean everything in spit spot condition or worn but well-maintained

Safe; any examples of neighborhoods in Asuncion youŽd like, suburban, urban, building with or without a doorman, night time guards, etc

Also keep in mind that most places will require a local guarantor, one to two year rental contract, and appliances such as ovens and refrigerators are not usually included.

Guide to Paraguay wrote:

You may need to be more specific about what you consider small, clean and safe. Your standards may differ greatly from those of other expats or locals.

Small: how many rooms, bathrooms, etc

Clean;do you mean everything in spit spot condition or worn but well-maintained

Safe; any examples of neighborhoods in Asuncion youŽd like, suburban, urban, building with or without a doorman, night time guards, etc

Also keep in mind that most places will require a local guarantor, one to two year rental contract, and appliances such as ovens and refrigerators are not usually included.

It can be as small as a 1 bedroom or even a studio.

It can be old and worn but should be well-maintained and sanitary.

I don't know much about the neighbourhoods. I've heard about Villa Morra, but I'm assuming it's too expensive. Also it seems a bit too suburban, but suburban would be fine too if it better suits my criteria otherwise. I like downtown Asuncion the most. I like the city feel.

An apartment with a doorman or night time guard would be preferable, but it is not absolutely necessary. Just some place where I could leave the window down on my car for an hour and my car will still be there when I return. Somewhere I can walk around at 24:00 without getting mugged.

Also, it should definitely have air conditioning. I'd like it to have a refrigerator, and microwave or at least something to cook with. Of course that would depend on how much the rent is and how much it would cost to buy a these myself, but I'd really rather it already be there. Ovens I don't use much.

Basically, it doesn't have to be fancy or luxurious, just small and humble, safe, and clean.

As far as the guarantor is concerned, I do not know anyone in Paraguay so how do I find a guarantor, and how much would they charge?

www.clasipar.com

Use google translator if all else fails.

As well as Clasipar, try this.  The ad pages from the newspaper ABC Color.
http://clasificados.abc.com.py/rubro.ph … bro=CL3004

hello, if you are interested n coming to Asuncion I think we could help you. we have a free room for an (native U.S.A, or UK)english speaker. all we ask them is to help us (a group of 26 students in a gov.university) 90 minutes weekly to help us improving our speaking.YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A TEACHER. [email protected]

(please tell to your friends)

necesito alquilar una casa o departamento de dos dormitorios amueblado para meses de diciembre, enero y febrero en zona Lambare, San Lorenzo o alrrededores.
ofertas a [email protected]  Manuel Calzada

I know some friends living near the downtown area for about that price range. You definitely want to meet up with a local who can help you out as there is definitely an "extranjero" price and locals price.

Hi ferbanco > you should please write in English in this English speaking forum. Thank you.

Hi,

I'd be interested in helping in exchange for a free room.   Where are you located and which school would  be assisting at?   

Noah

Hi Noah,

Please note that this topic is quite old.

Please feel free to post an advert your Housing offers in the Housing in Paraguay section, this might surely help other members. Thank you! :)

Regard,

David.

Expat-blog team.