Long distance Khmer lessons -- how to compensate?

Hello all!

I've been emailing a young lady I met in Cambo a few months ago (nothing sexual or romantic, btw!) and I mentioned that I would like to learn Khmer. She's offered to help, but she would need at least a decent cellphone and calling plan, and perhaps eventually a computer with Skype and an internet connection. It seems fair that I should help pay for these things.

Could anyone give me some advice about how to proceed? For example, how much would it cost to purchase a cellphone in Phnom Penh that could handle international calls? What would the calling rates be? And what would be the best way to transfer the money to her?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Marcello

u gotto be kidding !

Aaliyah, I'm not kidding, and I'll be ignoring your posts from now on.

Helpful responses will be appreciated.

well.. good luck with that then ..

metfone company has a very good offer ,they give the phone and the sim card and internet too ,if she has a computer , metfone has a portable modem for abt 25 $ but any modem as such would work just fine and can be found in abt 15 $, and the internet is 20 $ prepaid .. can tell u  the detailed structure tmrw  .

Money Gram or western Union will transfer the money

there are khmer klasses for foreigners at the Royal university of PP if im not mistaken wt 200 $ per month and 800 $ per year .

and a computer costs around 600 $ with second hand screen 0_O