Salary for full-time nanny?

I am looking to employ a Philippine nanny for my child, working 8 hours a day, 6 days a week. Not live-in. Ample holiday time.  What would a reasonable salary be? Any guidelines or tips appreciated, thank you!

Philippine nannies are banned legally. And the same goes for Indonesians. This has led it quite difficult to employ nannies in the first place. The standard charges are 1500-2000 SAR for such arrangment.

I think you can do it under the table,just make arrangement and pay them cash.At my work place there are a lot of Philipinos are looking for extra work/cash and they will work for reasonable wage.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Philippine nannies are banned legally. And the same goes for Indonesians. This has led it quite difficult to employ nannies in the first place. The standard charges are 1500-2000 SAR for such arrangment.

Does that mean that the countless Philippine and other nannies that I see taking care of kids are on Iquamas that state something other than nanny work e.g. cleaning work? What kind of work are Philippine workers technically allowed to do?

Are there not employment agencies who can get around this issue?

Much appreciated.

The ban is on the new visas only. This of course has dramatically impacted the demand-supply cycle.

Yes, maid-agencies may help; they may have availibility somehow.

So far my search under maid agencies has only delivered the type that charges circa 15k for the whole bag of goodies including the risk that the employee under sponsorship may run off.

Is there not a type of agency that connects prospective Philippine nannies already in KSA, with prospective employers here?
Or for lack of a better word, a 'blog site for Philippines in KSA' where I could advertise?
Maybe I could start one. Not that I want to end up in jail...

Why Philipinne anyway - why not other nationalities?

I've worked with Philippine assistants before, let's say I know something about their cultural issues, and whereas I've had a few unexpected, less than great experiences with ladies working in my house in various countries, I'm hoping to avoid a recurring theme (if I can!).

Hi,does it has to be philipinne nanny? friend of mine hired a nanny   from Sirilanka she is good,he did her Iqama;salary wise is not very high.

dohremi wrote:

Maybe I could start one. Not that I want to end up in jail...

There is a greater risk: Theft. which is quite common thing.

Never hire an illegal/runaway maid. My friend had one @ 2000/month (quite expensive) who planned & caused a HUGE loss. We had the iqama copy but was of no use. The police needed her sponsor to file a case and the sponsor said he couldn't help with a runaway.

Thanks God, police didn't send my friend behind the bars. [The only +ve part of the story].

My 2 cents: Reconsider your preferences.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

There is a greater risk: Theft. which is quite common thing.

Maybe for a maid, but for a NANNY?  Remember, this is the person you are entrusting your child/children to !!!!!!!!!!!  Would you really consider taking any shortcuts?  Only way to even think about this is as TLL says, REFERENCES.  And references you can check--talk to the people personally--work references (not personal), and be careful it's not just a friend-of-a-friend making the reference.

oops.. just noticed that he said preference lol  Well, I stand by my 'reference' statements!

Thank you for very helpful info and comments, much appreciated!