Arriving at KL with family on vacation

Can i understand what is the best and budget way to reach to Quality Hotel City Centre Jalan Raja Laut, Golden Triangle Kuala Lumpur from international airport if i arrive at 1 am ? and how much the taxi will charge at that time. Which taxi will be safe? and also what places i should visit for tourism and shopping?

There will be taxi coupon for you at the airport so you will use the coupon.
You ask for information centre about taxi coupon.
Most likely taxi here safer then Bangalore
You do not accept anyone approach you to take you in KL.
You go to website of the hotel and ask yourself which date you are arriving and the if there is a discount if you arrive early morning at 1 am.
very simple and easy.

The taxis from the airport are fixed price and strictly controlled.
Taxis on the street are less so.
Most will tell you they can't use the meter for any reason they can think of at the time and there's always a traffic jam so it'll cost more and/or they have to go the long way round.
Most trips inside the main part of the city will be Rm4 to Rm7.

Safety.
Watch out for the many men who'll see you, ask you where you're from and tell you his daughter/niece/whoever is going to study/work there.
The conversation moves on to a very good reason you should give him money/join him in a game of cards.
Just wish his whoever 'good luck' and walk on.
Polite is nice because they often work in gangs.

Same advice goes for the pimps.
Bukit Bintang is a great shopping area but it's also a red light district.
Refusal of the 'young lady' is followed with an offer of a 'young boy'.
I was tired after a long flight and I know I shouldn't have grabbed his neck and and said what I did but I was a lot disgusted.
You get used to them and tend to just walk past after a couple of days.
Never accept such offers if you like your wallet and don't want to catch AIDS.
Same goes for the people selling very cheap, pirate DVDs just down this alley.
Just don't.

Places to visit.
There is a quite wonderful temple at the batu caves. That's a must.
An Irish guy I met, counted the steps. I'm unsure why because they're numbered on the middle set. (yes - it is true)
The police museum is a boy's dream. The ladies may be less interested.
Visit Jalan Petalling (Chinatown) on a Friday or Saturday evening  but make sure you have a hand on your wallet at all times.

The street food will seem disgusting at first but you'll love it after a very short while.

Heath and safety are things other people do.

Hotel range from < Rm100, upwards. You'll easily get a clean hotel (sans swimming pool) for around that sort of money.
The golden triangle will cost you more. Unless you don't care about the price, I'd go to Chinatown area.
I wouldn't book a hotel in Bukit bintang. Way too many have rooms by the hour and those that don't are less then pleasant.
There are a couple of bigger hotels that seem pretty good but I don't recall the names and don't know the prices.

Times square is an interesting shopping area. You'll find the full sized rollacoaster sooner or later. Yes, it's fill sized and the centre is so big, you will have to look for it.
That also has a seriously massive cinema screen if you fancy watching a film.

The twin towers is worth a jaunt but you'll have to be there at 7am if you want any chance to get to the sky bridge.

KL tower gives you a nice view as well.

All hotels will ask you for your passport.
The should give it back after taking details. Make sure they do as banks and so on would deal with you without it.
Anyone wanting to keep your passport for any reason should get a polite refusal and leave their service alone.