Can I ship my car and household stuff?

I will be moving to Palau hopefully by the end of the year,tying up loose ends now. Being that Palau is independent can I ship my car and household stuff? What are customs requirements etc etc. Haven't found any info on these subjects.

Hi medic3500, :)

I created a new topic as from your message on the Palau forum for better visibility.

Thanks Christine.

Medic,
I too am looking heavily at Palau and have been for over a year now. I have studied many places worldwide and Palau seems to have all I require for my retirement destination. I don't need to ship household goods as they would be VERY expensive to ship but I would like to at least price what it would cost to ship my Jeep there as I think it would be a great island vehicle. However it seems it is very hard to get info on this and I am sure it wouldn't be worth the price anyway. I just count on going with a couple bags and call myself lucky to be there.
My advice, such as it is, is even if you can afford it don't ship anything until you have lived there at least six months, but better a year. Island are fickle places and people are EVERYTHING. You may not like it there.
I plan to go in January I think but I will leave my options open. One good thing about traveling light is you can easily get to other island nations from Palau if you are dissatisfied with it.
Have you ever lived on an island? "Island Fever"?
Keep me posted on your progress an maybe we will run into each other there.
Dean Frank
[email protected]