Moving to Malta in 13 Days! Eeeek

Hi! New to all this Forum thing so no idea how it works.
Me and my Partner are moving to Malta in just over a week. We are staying with family till we get our own place. We still need to find work, any ideas? We can do anything.
I was also wondering if anyone new what forms and things we would need to be living in Malta. We have our European Health Cards sorted. And P85's filled out. I noticed a post about an ID card. Do we need these to live in Malta, how do I get them?
Is there anything I haven't thought of yet?

Thank you,

Amy

I've sent you a link covering

1. An EU citizens legal rights - residency, working, students
2. what sort of residency is available ?
3. what do I need to apply for if I want to reside in Malta ?
4. do I need to apply for residency before coming to live in Malta ?
5. do I need an accountant to apply for residency ?
6. do I need health insurance ?
6.1 Do I qualify for public health cover, and if I do, what cover do I have ? Are prescriptions free ?
7. can I work in Malta ?
7.1 How much is income tax ?
7.2 How much are social security contributions ?
8. where do I apply for my residency certificate ?
9. where can I get the OR application form ?
10. where do I apply for my ID card ?
11. what documents do I need to apply for OR ?
12. can I vote in Malta ?
13. buying a property FAQ
14. renting a property FAQ
15. Importing a vehicle FAQ
16. What's the procedure for importing/exporting a pet ?
17. Can I use my driving licence in Malta ?
17.1 Applying for driving licence
18. Long term residency certificate

Your EHIC is only valid while you are a tourist - as soon as you register for your residency certificate you are a resident, and its no longer valid - you need to transfer your health entitlement from the UK to Malta

Good morning Amy and welcome to Expat.com!

I advise as well to have a look at the section Jobs in Malta and post an advert.

Good luck on your new life!

Francesca

Hi Amy,

welcome to the forum.

Check out previous posts in the 'Work' section.

You will find most of the 'we can do anything' jobs listed at the ETC website : http://www.etc.gov.mt/Index.aspx

Better paid qualified jobs are usually to be found through job agencies. Send your CV's to as many agencies as possible and check out the Classifieds in the Sunday Times (Malta) every week.

I wish you a good start in Malta.

Ricky

George,

Did you get that list from "the evil site" ? lol

Did you get that list from "the evil site" ? lol

is that the one that when ever you ask a question they refer you to the PAY part of the site... sorry donation part

Julian

haha ! yeah!!

Hi all,

if you referring to the britishexpat.com forum of which George is a member please be fair!

George does a great job there and is a valued poster on this forum. The business model they have is very legitimate and you do have to wonder sometimes about the level of expectation for valuable but free information on the www that we are confronted with.

How often do you get feedback later from members and a little thank you ?

Let's regard the 'other' relevant Malta website as our sister and appreciate any input from there.

Thanks for your posts on our forum George.

Cheers to Gozo
Ricky

Ricky ... please this was very tongue in cheek ... Hopefully George (I am Sure) is understanding from this and realises that we do have fun here and take the Michael out of people quite often ... unless there name is Michael of course

Julian

And I do agree Georges Posts on here are VERY VERY informative and extremley helpful.

Lighten up guys - i didnt find any of the comments offensive at all. quite fair i thought and funny too.

Who is asking you toon.....

LMAO.... sorry mate couldn't resist that one :):):)

the link I PM'd was to a public part of the other website, and 90% of that website is subscription free - 50% of the income from that site goes to Gozo SPCA, so I'm making no apologies for it charging those who want a premium service

George,

Thanks again for your comments you put on here as mentioned it was very tongue in Cheek.

J.

:-)

scubaboy wrote:

Who is asking you toon.....

LMAO.... sorry mate couldn't resist that one :):):)

No worries at all......both sites have their place and uses.

NB good result yesterday, barca different kettle of fish and you will be dancing to my Toon soon

damn .... always bring up the football... lol..

[mo-mo-mo-mo-de-rated]