Working Visit Visa Procedure

Dear HR Guru - In context to my previous message, do i need to despatch my original passport to agent in pakistan for my "Visit Work Visa" stamping/endorsing on my passport?

And does its start date invokes as you arrive in saudia or from edorsement date from saudi embassy in pakistan.

Hi HRGuru,

I have a short term employment contract (attested by Saudi Chamber of Commerce) with the Saudi Company for the period of 3 Month. The company has provided me their Trade License and a MOFA Letter. Please let me know what else should i need to get Visa on my passport through the Saudi Embassy in Pakistan and how much time it would take. A guy in the Saudi Embassy told me that it is one day job is it true?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Waleed

waleed bin abdul hafeez wrote:

Hi HRGuru,

I have a short term employment contract (attested by Saudi Chamber of Commerce) with the Saudi Company for the period of 3 Month. The company has provided me their Trade License and a MOFA Letter. Please let me know what else should i need to get Visa on my passport through the Saudi Embassy in Pakistan and how much time it would take. A guy in the Saudi Embassy told me that it is one day job is it true?

Regards,
Waleed

A short term contract may not get you a work visa. Normally you need an employment contract attested from chamber and MOFA specifying the work visa title as job title and the visa issue number and issue date in the contract. Along with this you will also need to submit your attested bachelors degree, medical certificate , photos , forms and fees to the saudi embassy.The whole process if all papers in order can take a week or max two weeks.  In Pakistan they used to allow people to submit for applications directly but now not allowed , only approved agencies can go through - unless of course you have wasta. The none of the above is needed and can be processed in a day as you said.

Hi HR Guru,

Thanks for your response.

Sorry I forget to mention that the visa invitation I have is also for the Short Term Stay (Maximum 180 Days) it is kind of a visit visa. Do I have to submit the Attested Degrees in that case too?

Thanks.

Hi HR Guru,

Thanks for your response.

Sorry I forget to mention that the visa invitation I have is also for the Short Term Stay (Maximum 180 Days) it is kind of a visit visa. Do I have to submit the Attested Degrees in that case too?

Thanks.

:P, you should have mentioned this before, since its visit visa no need for education certificate, recently there are some unconfirmed reports that some embassies do ask for a certificate - authenticated from Commission of Higher Education - But I dont think its a mandatory requirement.

Hahaha :D, Thanks HR Guru. Well I am leaving for Pakistan today and hopping that will get that Visit Visa instantly. For the Visit Visa invitation from MOFA, Short Term Employment Contract (Attested from Chamber of Commerce) and Company's Trade License would be enough or not and can I submit it directly in the Embassy.

Thanks.

Hahaha :D, Thanks HR Guru. Well I am leaving for Pakistan today and hopping that will get that Visit Visa instantly. For the Visit Visa invitation from MOFA, Short Term Employment Contract (Attested from Chamber of Commerce) and Company's Trade License would be enough or not and can I submit it directly in the Embassy.

Thanks.

The contract is not needed, but good to have. What you need is the visa details (or visa print out with visa / application  number), photos, CR (Trade license of employer) copy and thats it. Good luck in getting this in one day. Better to use an agent since they know the "in's and out's" and can do this for you without any hassles for you.

Hi Hr Guru,

I am back to Pakistan for the visa issuance and now I came to know that the letter sent to me is not enough for the visa. When I am searching on the MOFA Website my Application Number mentioned below text appearing there,

Application number:     5954296     Date of the request:     05/05/2013
Are providing commercial visit requests and requests for a working visit to Representative directly using request a letter of invitation from Saudi representations abroad via the ministry's website.

Please let me know how to proceed further, the company is telling me that the rules are changed and this is the only thing needed and the Agent here is telling me that this is not enough.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Waleed

Hi Hr Guru,

I am back to Pakistan for the visa issuance and now I came to know that the letter sent to me is not enough for the visa. When I am searching on the MOFA Website my Application Number mentioned below text appearing there,

Application number:     5954296     Date of the request:     05/05/2013
Are providing commercial visit requests and requests for a working visit to Representative directly using request a letter of invitation from Saudi representations abroad via the ministry's website.

Please let me know how to proceed further, the company is telling me that the rules are changed and this is the only thing needed and the Agent here is telling me that this is not enough.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Waleed

Could you get clear requirement from agent as to what is missing, I am not sure from your query above - what letter is not enough now ?

Hi Hr Guru,

Thanks for the Reply.

The agent has told me that you need MOFA Issued visa online in which your name must appears or the invitation letter with your name on it. However, the company told me that as per the new MOFA rules once the documents scrutiny is done an Application Number is issued after which we have to submit the documents to the Saudi Embassy for the further Visa Process. Another thing which is told to me by Mandoob of my company that I might not be able to get Work Visit Visa before Hajj as Government has banned Visa Issuance.

Regards,
Waleed

Hi Hr Guru,

Thanks for the Reply.

The agent has told me that you need MOFA Issued visa online in which your name must appears or the invitation letter with your name on it. However, the company told me that as per the new MOFA rules once the documents scrutiny is done an Application Number is issued after which we have to submit the documents to the Saudi Embassy for the further Visa Process. Another thing which is told to me by Mandoob of my company that I might not be able to get Work Visit Visa before Hajj as Government has banned Visa Issuance.

Regards,
Waleed

Normal visit visa process is below:

Two ways - either by invitation letter or through online application in MOFA. I am not sure what you have. Is it an invitation letter. If so the embassy has the right to reject this any time.

What your company can do is apply online, get the print out and get it attested from COC and then await the visa to be issued online. There is still months ahead for Hajj and still the MOFA is issuing / rejecting visa's as usual. Ask your company PR/ GR/ Mandoob to apply online and send you the application number once issued so that you can approach the saudi embassy.

Hi HR Guru,

Trust you are doing fine.

Finally I am here in Riyadh on Work Visit Visa. Now, I have an another question that on my visa following terms are mentioned,

Validity of Visa: 60 Days
No of Entries: Multiple
Duration of Stay: 30 Days

Is this mean that I have to exit from Saudi Arabia after 30 Days or I can utilize the visa up to 60 Days?

The documents used for the Issuance of this Visa was:

MOFA Attested Invitation Letter for the Work Visit Visa.
Photocopies of attested Degrees.
COC Document of the Company Sponsoring me.
A Short Term Employment Contract with the company sponsoring my visa. (COC Attested Contract)
And a letter from my current employer who is providing my services to the Visa Sponsoring Company.
After that it takes almost Four Days to have the Visa Endorsed on my Passport and the agent charged me PKR 16,500.

Hi HR Guru,

Trust you are doing fine.

Finally I am here in Riyadh on Work Visit Visa. Now, I have an another question that on my visa following terms are mentioned,

Validity of Visa: 60 Days
No of Entries: Multiple
Duration of Stay: 30 Days

Is this mean that I have to exit from Saudi Arabia after 30 Days or I can utilize the visa up to 60 Days?

The documents used for the Issuance of this Visa was:

COC Document of the Company Sponsoring me.
A Short Term Employment Contract with the company sponsoring my visa. (COC Attested Contract)
And a letter from my current employer who is providing my services to the Visa Sponsoring Company.
After that it takes almost Four Days to have the Visa Endorsed on my Passport and the agent charged me PKR 16,500.

Answers below :

Yes, in order to keep the multiple nature you need to exit in 30 days. If you dont want to , you can extend the visa for 30 days at the end of the first 30 day period and you will get extended for an already 60 day valid visa for 30 days which you already have- but will loose the multiple nature.

DEAR WALEED BIN ABDUL HAFEEZ  I HAVE APPLIED FOR COMMERCIAL VISA AND MY APPLICATION NUMBER IS 6273793.FROM THE LAST 15 DAYS MY APPLICATION STATUS IS SHOWING ARE PROVIDING COOMERICAL VISIT REQUEST DIRECTLY USING LETTER OF INVITATION FROM SAUDI REPRESENTATION ABOARD VIA THE MINISTRY WEBSITE.I AM CONTACTING MY COMPANY WHICH IS SAYING TO GO TO SAUDI CONSULATE KARACHI FOR VISA WHEAEAS AGENTS ARE SAYING APPROVED VISA OR LETTER OF INVITATION IS NECESSARY FOR VISA STAMPING.AS YOUR CASE WAS SIMILAR PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS PROCEDURE.WAIT FOR VISA OR LETTER OF INVITATION TO BE UPDATED ON MINISTRY WEBSITE OR PROCEED TO SAUDI CONSULATE WITH THE APPLICATION NUMBER???WHAT HAPPENED IN YOUR CASE PLEASE WRITE IN DETAIL.
JAZAKALLAH
KAMRAN SIKANDAR

Asalmalikum Mr Kamran,

Yup the same thing happened in my case as well, however my visa status is still the same after 3 Months on the ministry website so waiting is not an option. As MOFA has stopped issuing online visas and you have to consult with the Embassy after applying online but this thing is almost impossible to explain to the Traveling Agents and they will never believe you, so the only option you have is to apply through the Invitation Letter. For this your company have to fill the application form online for the visit invitation letter, the link is given below,
https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/InvitationLetter/create

After creating your invitation letter from the above link the Kafeel of the company have to sign the letter after which the Chamber of Commerce attestation is required. After chamber attestation you can download the letter from the MOFA Website and submit it to Saudi Consulate through any Authorized Agent (in my case I used MAHJABEEN Travels). The mentioned below document would be required along with the Invitation letter,

Original Passport
Registration Document of the Company sponsoring your visa.
A Short Term Employment Contract with the company sponsoring your visa. (COC Attested Contract)

After submitting these documents Insha'Allah you will get your visa with in 4 to 5 Days. I am not a HR or Admin person of the company but still I have applied through this method for 3 to 4 of my colleagues and everyone got the visa Allahdmiullah.

Trust this information would be useful.

aabid

.i want to clarify  that after visa

endorsement is any process remain for Departure other than booking ticket..please

let me know if any process remain after visa endorsement for departure....

Dear Mr Aabid,

As per the rules after visit visa endorsement you just need return air ticket to the destination for traveling, however in my case FIA stopped me and asked for protector of immigrants stamp, I told that that I am on visit visa how I suppose to get the overseas NIC which is required for protector of immigrants stamp. They almost off loaded me from the flight then their In Charge on duty came allowed me to travel and afterward when I was in the waiting lounge before flight departure one of them came and asked me for "Chai Pani" so I gave him Thousand Rupees but he said it is not enough so I gave him 500 more. :)

Now It depends on your luck brother, but as per my discussion with the Karachi Airport's FIA Department which is on 1st Floor there is no need of protector for Visit Visas the same thing was told to me by Saudi Embassy and the agent who endorsed my visa.

Dear Mr. Waleed,

Same is the case with me, due to the work visa issue my employer has sent me the invitation letter from MOFA of commercial visit. As per your direction I visited Mahjabeen travels for visa stamping. In order to submit my case to Saudi Embassy Mahjabeen asked me to provide to following documents from my current employer, along with the other documents, as the invitation letter is issued in favor of current employer:
- Covering letter;
- Chamber of Commerce Recommendation; and
- Bank statement for last six months.

I requested my current company to provide all these documents, however they refused.

I request all of you guys to please advise me in this regard.

Thanks

Dear Mr Umair,

There are two types of visas available under the invitation letter,

Commercial Visit Visa زيارة التجاري
Work Visit Visa زيارة عمل لدي

A visa with the maximum duration of 180 Days Validity can be applied through these invitation letters either Multiple Entry or Single Entry, however please note that one can not stay for more than 30 days in his one visit. If one have multiple visit visa he can left country after 30 days and come back and he will get stay of 30 days more during the validity of his visa and if he has single entry he has to contact JAWAZAT for Visa Extension before the expiry of 30 days.

You need Work Visit Visa if you have any technical degree and you are going there for short term employment in any technical field. For this kind of visas those documents are required which I have mentioned in my previous posts.

Commercial Visit Visa is required if you are going there for any business Development activities and for these kind of visas you should be on the Managerial post of any Pakistani company and the bank statement of your Pakistani company with Chamber of Commerce Recommendation from that Pakistani company is required with the invitation letter from Saudi Employer mentioning the name of that Pakistani company in اسم جهة عمل المطلوب
للزيارة column. One person has just joined our company from Srilanka as a Business Development Manger and he also submitted the Documents which are mentioned above for getting commercial visit visa.

Now, its up to your Job Nature that either you need Commercial visit visa or Work Visit Visa.

That really helps, thanks you so much for your detailed reply.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Yes, that's a different visa and the proper name is 'Business visa or work visit visa. The validity will be 90 days max.

In that case, you won't have to go through the above mentioned  long validation procedures and the visa must be stamped within 2 weeks max from the date on the invitation letter.

I guess they're gonna offer you a probation period.

I am in the same position. Company in KSA is asking me to come on Business visa or work visit visa. It is my choice, whatever i will say they will issue. I am not working in Pakistan so i dont have company letter here and neither i have attested degrees. Please suggest what to do? Is there any (way) visa on which , i can travel to ksa for short time period with letter or degree?

Extra information: I have worked in ksa for two years. Last time i have work visa which i got without attested degree.
Thanks

Hi,how are you.what kind of working visa do you have,i completed my graduation from pakistan and i currently living in canada.i am intrested to go saudi arabia for work,
Thanks
shahbaz ali

Hi shahbaz arain,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that this thread is a bit old here.

I invite you to create your own thread with all your questions on the Saudi Arabia forum.

Thank you

Stéphanie

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please note that you are off-topic here + do not post your number on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

AoA.  Do we need the Protectorate stamp before travelling on Short term working visit visa

Jamshed

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please share your contact details via pm. Thank you