Wanted to visit my danish boyfriend..

hi expat... my danish boyfriend is inviting me to come to his place this august. and i would like it too. is it really possible? i know i need to have the visa to enter denmark. and when i look over the requirements i need to have the invitation coming from my  reference who is my boyfriend.i dont understand why? plus i need to have also the his cpr number and alien identification number...why is it so?...and why would they want to know the reason of inviting me to denmark  and , our relationship status ..thats too personal!    how  much  percentage i can assume that the embassy will favor my application for visa to enter denmark  when my reason is the visit my boyfriend and the place is  as well and our relationship status is lovers. would the embassy would also ask for proofs that we are lovers?  how could they do that...what must i do so the embassy will approve my visa to  visit my boy in denmark  . do you think my reason is reasonable enough for them to approved.?please have time to help me solve this ...i dont have much idea about travelling thanks for your ideas

Hello engeli joen and welcome to Expat.com!

Your thread has been moved to Denmark forum for better visibility.;)

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.:)

Harmonie.

Hi.
Yes I agree with you that some of the requirements for a visa is very intrusive and of a personal matter. I cannot answer your question as to why they want to know these things.

My South African boyfriend came to visit me in DK when I was still staying there, and yes we had to get all that documentation in order, but other than that it went really smoothly, there were no problems and they did not ask for any proof above and beyond the requirements stipulated in the information from the DK consulate. 
Now I am assuming that you are considering applying for a holiday visa.
Now I don't know if your BF is Danish by origin or an immigrant himself, there might be different rules in those circumstances.

So, all in all, just get all the documentation, and if everything is in order there should be no problems for you.

Good luck with it.
Sarah

:D World without Borders just the way God wanted it to be

Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Jews, Buddhists are brothers!