Shipping, DQ and compounds!

Hi all!
Well counting down to our arrival in Riyadh.  Hubby has been over there for a month and I'm awaiting arrival of baby no.4 before getting there in September.  Have done loads of research about the hundreds of questions that this all throws up but just wanted a bit of advice about (hopefully the last!)few things.
This baby wasn't quite planned so all our large furniture has gone, hubby is going to buy that over there for when we arrive but with having 3 kids and all their clothes and stuffed animals (which I still haven't found out are they allowed into the country as fed ex website they are banned at customs along with pokemon toys?)in their individual suitcases, the baby has no luggage allowance.  There are things I'm going to need maybe not absolutely immediately but not being able to wait for however long sea shipping takes so am wanting to send things like clothes and bouncer chair and other bits I will all ready be using at home here over in the post by airmail.  Does anyone know who to send it with and approx costs for say a regular sized tote box to be sent via airmail?
The other thing is I have at last discovered some dance classes for children over there in the DQ, not sure what this is, where it is or if we can go to it? Can anyone advise?
And lastly, we are looking at a couple of houses available at the Riyadh village but am reading mixed reviews on it.  I know it went downhill but is being completely renovated, anyone there at the moment?  Are there plenty of facilities and activities for kids etc?  I'm also interested in Cedar and Kingdom, again good for children with activities planned etc?
Sorry this is so long just got lots to think about and doing it on my own and trying to make my littlies happy and settled about the move!
Thanks again,
michelle x

You can find shippers like Shallenberg will ship your goods door to door with a 9 day transit, I'm sure you could get by for that time. They themselves cost around 3k (pounds) for that service using a 6m container but at least you get everything done in one go and they are very good. Most shippers take around 26days to transit but you can find quicker. Of course you dont want to be buying double of everthing but you can get pretty much everthing you will need here anyway, should you need anything in emergency. I have found that shipping small amounts can be much more costly - I had a 20kg box sent out and it cost 400pounds

The DQ is the diplomatic quater. It holds various embassies homes, riding stables coffe shop etc. It is on the western side of Riyadh. Every driver knows how to get there so don't worry, and is fairly easy to find yourself. It is gaurded by checkpoints but you will have no issue getting to classes in there.

Dont know about Riyadh but I am of the impression Ceder and Kingdom most certainly have a long waiting list. Although if you turn up at the right time and there is a place available you can get lucky. :)

They have everything you'd need for the baby here and Louise is right--by the time you pay for shipping, you could have just bought it.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for that both of you.  Nice to hear from you again Louise, are you back in Riyadh now? x

Yes, back and loving it about to head off to the pool now. Although not to get in it mind, just to sit next to it :)

Sounds good lol!  God I'm never going to get into a bikini!