Wife here in family visa...can apply for family resident visa or not?

Earlier I had Karbai Babani as profession.
It has been changed to Computer Programmer two months back.

My wife is accompanying me here in visit visa.
Can I apply Family Resident Visa for her?

Thanks.
Saiful

Yes, apply for the family visa. I'm sure you'll get it. [I have the same profession on my Iqama; though I do something else].

But do remember, you can't convert the visit visa to the resident visa. You'll have to send her back home and she'll be back with the resident visa.

Thanks Legend.
I noticed you replied question of various varieties.

My profession changed two months back. Do you think that can be a problem to get Family visa? I heard that they ask to come after six months after the profession change.

One more thing, once getting Family Visa, is there any time-frame to get it stamped?

Yes, I heard something like that you've to wait for 6 months. But hang on there, let me get back on this on Saturday.

The Family Visa processing time back in your home country Saudi Embaddy wouldn't take more than a week if all goes well.

Legend,

Is it a must to have the marriage certificate attested to apply for Family Resident Visa?

Regards,
Saiful

aastropg wrote:

Legend,

Is it a must to have the marriage certificate attested to apply for Family Resident Visa?

Regards,
Saiful

Yes it is !!

aastropg wrote:

Legend,

Regards,
Saiful

Yes. Here is what I've seen multiple times:

- Make a copy of the original marriage certificate (if not in Arabic).
- Get an Arabic translation and stick the edges in the way that both papers gets side by side
- The translation must be got from an authorized transalation office. They will stamp.

When i applied for my family residency visa i had to go through those steps:

1. original marriage cert stamped by Ministry of Foreign Affairs
2. stamped marriage cert translated to Arabic
3. Arabic translation legalized (translator should have solicitor who would do that)
4. legalized translation stamped in Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Legalization of cert was needed as Ministry would not stamp translation signed by translator himself only.

All above apply to birth cert.

As far as i know, Saudi Embassy should have contact for translator and then legalization and Ministry stamp for translation is not needed. Didn't know that when i applied. It may cost more but definitely safe legs :-)

Good luck!

hi every body i want to know how many time they do to realise iqama and istikdam for wife.so,my husband worked in al khobar he had the iqama  but he changed the company than he wait an other residence cart,he work in the new company since december.

thank you

F-ka wrote:

When i applied for my family residency visa i had to go through those steps:
1. original marriage cert stamped by Ministry of Foreign Affairs
2. stamped marriage cert translated to Arabic
3. Arabic translation legalized (translator should have solicitor who would do that)
4. legalized translation stamped in Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Legalization of cert was needed as Ministry would not stamp translation signed by translator himself only.
All above apply to birth cert.
As far as i know, Saudi Embassy should have contact for translator and then legalization and Ministry stamp for translation is not needed. Didn't know that when i applied. It may cost more but definitely safe legs :-)
Good luck!

Hello. Can I get the attestation of  marriage certificate done at my embassy in Dubai before visiting Mofa for stamping?

aastropg wrote:

Legend,

Regards,
Saiful

definitely yes, without proof of marriage how come you can call them your family..