Biking in Doha

Hello all,

I have extensively searched the web trying to reach correct and updated info regarding cycling areas and bike rentals in Doha but no use.

so could any one kindly help me on the below:

- is it allowed to bike at Doha Corniche? I have learnt that it is allowed only in the morning but not sure.

- Bikes stands at the end of corniche (near Sheraton), are they functional? could one pick up a bike there? if not, where from is it possible to rent a bike?

- Any idea about cycling and bike availability in Aspire Zone?

thnx in advance and best regards

Hi and welcome to the forum Rania Moufti!

I hope other members will be able to help you soon!

Regards
Armand

Hi Rania,

Bike rental is rare to find in Doha except where you mentioned at Corniche near Sheraton Hotel. Yes, its functional and you can rent from there.

Its allowed to bike at Doha corniche, the only thing is that when Corniche have a considerable crowd, it would be inconvenient to bike.

Enjoy Biking :)

Armand
VidoDido

Tank u very much

Weather is getting nicer and I feel like using my old bicycle that I've kept for a year or so. Does anybody know where I can get those bike racks for SUV? It doesn't need to be expensive as long as it can do the job. Or perhaps anybody willing to sell their bike rack? PM me please.

RC

Hello rc2014

Just for info, you are participating on a thread inactive since 2012.

Hope somebody anyways can help you out

Regards
Kenjee

Thank you for the reminder Kenjee but I am aware that this thread has been inactive for long time but I decided to revive it rather than creating a new one for the sake of not having different threads of same topic.

Thanks, I hope someone will be interested in having some biking activities this season.

Cheers!

I'm cycling in barwa, fridays or saturdays.. start 5am!

Anybody tried the bike track along new airport road? I'd love to join anyone coming there to cycle.

The bike track next to the old airport road is actually great, we go there for a quick 20 km's after work and it is well attended by various groups of people. Well maintained, clean and scenic and loads of parking.

Just a few metres at the start obstructed by the construction company which I am sure will be corrected at the end of the project?

That's great to know. I checked out the place the other night and found the track and it seems to be orderly.

My friend and I started amateur cycling around Al Thumama which also has a bike lane but the one in airport area seems to be a nice place to practice. Thanks for the feedback.

No problem, I hope you guys enjoy it!

Bike racks are available at GoSport in Villago.Maybe also in the  City Center one.

its is not allowed to bike at the corniche.

the best place is the new airport road. its a long extensive road. with bike tracks.

Rania Moufti wrote:

Hello all,

I have extensively searched the web trying to reach correct and updated info regarding cycling areas and bike rentals in Doha but no use.

so could any one kindly help me on the below:

- is it allowed to bike at Doha Corniche? I have learnt that it is allowed only in the morning but not sure.

- Bikes stands at the end of corniche (near Sheraton), are they functional? could one pick up a bike there? if not, where from is it possible to rent a bike?

- Any idea about cycling and bike availability in Aspire Zone?

thnx in advance and best regards

Hi,

Im new here in Doha. Could you maybe give me directions or gps coordinates of the bike track at old airport road?

Thanks.

ys its available.