Anyone know of good suburbs/areas to rent in Hong Kong?

Hi There,

We are looking to relocate to Hong Kong end this year for a good 2 years.
Does anyone know of any good areas/suburbs in Hong Kong?
We'd like to avoid the centre and don't mind living a little outside the city as long as there is public transport available.

Any tips would be much appreciated! :)
Thanks!

Go for Tung Chung

Hey Stefanie,

Thee are some suburb areas in Hong Kong, especially in New Territories like Sheung Shui and Yuen Long. It's more quiet there, but it's quite far from the city centre. If you want a quiet area that is closer to the city centre, you can try living in the outlying islands, such as Cheung Chau and Lamma Island. I think the quietest places are village houses, since it's quite isolated and there's only a small community.

Hope you find an ideal place soon! :)

P.S. This guy I met on a dating (moderated:no free ad) site recommended houses in Sai Kung ! If you like sailing and beaches in a quiet atmosphere, this place would be perfect for you.

Hello StefanieS.

If you are still looking for an accommodation, I suggest you to post an advert in the housing in Hong Kong section. It can help you to go forward in your research.

Thank you,
Aurélie

how about Festival City in TaiWai, there r lots of foreigners living here at our estate, n it's right above the mtr station

[Moderated]

Hi
I am planning to move HK shortly.  Which area is suited to stay where Indian schools are also available...  Family may join me after 6-8 months..