Jobs for Health Care Support Worker

I wonder if anyone can help.

I am currently working in the NHS as a Health Care Support Worker (Health Care Assistant), and am very interested in trying to emergrate to Malta and continuing to work in the same role.

I have contacted the maletese department for health approximatly 6 months ago and have had a reply saying that my details would be passed to someone but havet heard anything since.

How would I go about applying to work in this role and do I need any special skills etc.

I look foward to getting some more information.

sahha
Phillip

Hi Phillip,

welcome to the forum.

Health care in Malta is highly regulated so you would have to show your UK qualifications and apply for them to be accepted in Malta.

Or you could take a 4 month full-time course in Malta to receive the certificate to be a Care Assistant in Malta.

Your main concern will be job opportunities and salary and the Maltese language although it is not required to be a nurse it would be of advantage when dealing with elderly who often do not speak English. Maltese elderly are often cared for within the family or in state homes. Foreign elderly sometimes employ carers from foreign countries like the Phillipines as live-in carers.

There is also the M.M.D.N.A which organizes care at home and have a fleet of nurses and cars. They provide help to members , the fee is quite low!

I wish you luck.
Ricky

hi there i am maltese and my boyfriend is english we live in xemxija malta and are looking for a stay in carer to take care of my mother who has recently just had a stroke.we would be both greatfull if you could let us know of anyone who could fill this position cheers     lizy

Hi Lizy,

welcome to the forum.

I hope your mother is doing as well as possible under the circumstances and hope that you will find find someone to help you with the care of your mother. If I hear of someone I will let you know.

Cheers
Ricky

[Moderated: pls post your resume in the Healthcare jobs in Malta]