Relocating to Mombasa

Hi
I am considering relocating to Mombasa with my husband and my 3 year old daughter. I would like to know if it is easy to find fully furnished house (with good quality furniture) that are afforadable (> 60 000 Kshs). If I were to buy furniture in Mombasa: is it easy, affordable? What about white goods?
If it is difficult to find fully furnished accomodation, I might be considering sending over furniture and white goods from France do you know the duty rate payable at arrival?
It is quite difficult to find this type of information on the web and it is really important for me to know this to plan my move.
Thanks a lot

Hi corkienne,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I created a new discussion on the Mombasa forum for better visibility.

I would suggest you to have a look at our Mombasa Housing section and post an advert there as well. It might help you in your accommodation search.

Best of luck,
Christine

Hi,

I just came across your post on Expat.com re relocating to Mombasa and was wondering how you got on.

We (myself and 2 kids) are planning to move to Mombasa in August and was hoping to get some ideas/experiences/do's & don'ts etc from someone who's recently had this experience.

Let me know if this is possible - we'd be very grateful

Thanks

Hello Carousel67 and welcome to Expat.com! :)

This post is one year old.
If you have questions, do not hesitate to start a new thread on the Mombasa forum for more visibility.

Thank you,
Aurélie

(Moderated: please stop posting your phone number everywhere on the forum)

ok thank you