Canadian Bank Accounts and Visa

We're wondering what options we have with respect to our bank accounts and visa in Canada. Can we keep our accounts (chequing, savings, etc.) as well as our Visa cards? Has anyone investigated the banks here? We're with TD and CIBC.

Thanks
Cheryn anbd Bruce

Hi Cheryl and Bruce,
I am also with TD and my accounts remain as they are (for now). I added an account in U.S. funds called ''Borderless'' account and will transfert to Ecuador as needed. Since I am on Internet banking, it is extreeemely easy. You transfer from cdn $ to U.S. when the price is right:) and then request a tranfer of U.S. $ to your bank in Ecuador (for large sums or visas). Or simply use your client card to withdraw U.S. $ in Ecuador from your U.S. account as needed. Mitri

Question regarding charge cards mainly for me anyways Visa.

I was just on the Tame Airlines website and they would only take an Ecuador Visa for payment. This started me thinking is there any problems with using your Canadian/American registered visa in Ecuador.

Thanks
Hans

@escaping Goth. 

This is a known issue with Tame right now.  Their web portal is not functioning correctly.  Not only can you not book with international cards right now, you can not book online period.  For another one of my clients I had to go to the Tame Puntas De Venta and book on behalf of my clients in person.

If needed email me and I can do this for you also.  Quito to Cuenca right?

Mike

Thanks Mike
I managed to get it sorted.
Hans