Moving to Durban

Hi Guys,

I have got a job in Durban to work as a software developer. The salary is 20000R. The workplace is close to Durban Central. I want to ask few questions:

I am traveling with my wife and child. Can you suggest me a safe place to live keeping in view my budget? I will prefer to spend extra to live in a secure place.

How is the security situation in Durban these days? Can you suggest me a good health insurance and how much it will cost?

Is my salary enough for my family to live in Durban?

I am from Delhi, India. Are people in Durban friendly to Indians?

I will be thankful to you for your prompt reply.

Best Wishes
Sohail

Hi Sohail and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

Hi Durban has a huge Indian community Hindu Tamil and Muslim so you will feel at ease and make lots of friends....salary is OK so you will able to get a secure place....do not try and live in central Durban as the places are not secure...you will see for yourself once there....workwise central Durban is OK it is the nights that can get scary....try and find a place in Glenwood, Morningside is lovely and has all you need as in shopping and accomodation. It is one of the better areas is Morningside and the schools are good! Good luck! Love Patricia

Hi sohail7
Been away from Expat.com for a while ;just saw your questions.
Hope you and your family have settled in Dbn well .I am formerly from dbn and happy to help with any further questions.