Apartment/condo hunting

Hi, glad to be here!

I've been living in various parts of Thailand for about a year and a half so familiar somewhat. Currently I live in Jomtien, outside Pattaya, and want to make the move to Bangkok, near the BTS. My apartment budget is 12,000 baht monthly, so i'm thinking sukhumvit 80 or so. The On-nut area but not opposed to better suggestions since i have never lived in Bangkok before.

I am retired so location of work is not an issue but the area I live must be close to the BTS because I have no car.

My question is this: because i now live in pattaya, approx. 2 hours away, dealing with a real estate agent for apartment hunting may maximize my time when i come to Bangkok to look at an apartment. An agent can show me multiple apartments. Rather than coming two hours away to look at 1 or 2 apartments from an ad.

1 Does anybody know of any good agents  who deal in finding apartments in this price range?

2. I am open to suggestions of areas along the BTS lines for apartments in this price range. Qualifications for the area also is safe, quiet, residential and accesible to supermarkets etc.

Thanks for your time.

Aron

Welcome to Expat.com Aron!;)

You may take a look at Bangkok business directory, it may help.

You could also post an advert in the section Housing in Bangkok.;)

Harmonie.

Depending on your needs I don't think you can go wrong if you decide to live in On Nut area. I lived in that area for 7 years (Sukhumvit Soi 75/1)but decided I wanted out of Bangkok and moved to Pattaya.  Plenty of condo's and apartments for rent and all within walking distance to BTS.  The area has two hypermarts (Big C Extra and Tesco Lotus) also within walking distance.

I would not deal with agent but instead come to Bangkok and get off at different BTS stations and look for yourself.  Do a 360 while on top of BTS to see where all the apartment/condo buildings are then just walk and ask for yourself.

I can recommend the place I stayed (www.sarannuch.com) if you want to give a look. 

cheers,
Straydog

Thanks for the advice. Can i ask why you left Bangkok for Pattaya since i will be doing the opposite?
PM if needed.
Aron

Hi

Condo which you can walk to BTS start frpm  15000 baht a month and I have got a condo in Sukhumvit 50 ( 10 mins walk to BTS )  Interesting ?

Jane