Looking for schools in Bangkok

I currently live in New York, but I am relocating to Bangkok later this year. My wife and 8 year old daughter live in Kalasin, where she attends St. Joseph's Catholic School. I am trying to learn as much as I can about primary education in Bangkok in order to provide the best possible education for our daughter. I am not coming on an expat package, so the International School Tuition places them out of our budget (if not for expat packages, they would be out of most people's budgets).

Is there a private school system that comports with a Thai education (similar to what she has now) and what is the typical tuition? Further, what other "good to know" items are there (e.g., "tea money"). I'm ultimately not worried about her English language education (I'll either take a direct role in that or Ill hire a tutor), but I am concerned that she receive a quality primary and secondary education that goes beyond rote recital.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

thank you...I will

The  bilingual schools are really good as well - many offer a comparable level of education to the smaller international schools. They usually have smaller class-sizes, and better facilities than the State schools.

This thread on thaivisa.com has detailed comments on this topic. More up to date than me as I left 3 years ago!
Good luck!

Try the
isat.or.th website which has all the international schools in Thailand. You can filter by Bangkok.

Hi kiwifreakboy, just to inform you that this post is dated 2009.;)

Harmonie.:)