New : Saudi Arabia jobs section

Hi,

we are pleased to inform you that a new Jobs section is available on expat-blog.com !

Whether you are looking for a job or offering a vacancy in Saudi Arabia, we invite you to post an ad in the Saudi Arabia Jobs section.

Do not hesitate to share your thoughts and comments, your feedback is always appreciated !

Thanks,

Julien

Good idea, Julien, but may I make a suggestion?  How about some indication as to the number of posts (if any) in each job category so one doesn't have to be clicking through only to find there's nothing listed.

Thanks Allie for the suggestion, we've planned many, many improvements in the coming weeks, and the number of posts would indeed be very helpful !

Hi - I'm thinking about taking a job in KSA with a company called Education Experts, but I have seen some pretty dodgy things written about them on the net.  I understand that ESL instructors get a 90 day Business Visit visa, and that many of them 'pull a runner' and leave.  Do you need an exit visa to leave if you don't like the company?  Does anyone know of a teacher who tried to leave and was stopped at the airport?  Just wondering - don't want to get in too deep if I can't get out!

starofthesea wrote:

Hi - I'm thinking about taking a job in KSA with a company called Education Experts, but I have seen some pretty dodgy things written about them on the net.  I understand that ESL instructors get a 90 day Business Visit visa, and that many of them 'pull a runner' and leave.  Do you need an exit visa to leave if you don't like the company?  Does anyone know of a teacher who tried to leave and was stopped at the airport?  Just wondering - don't want to get in too deep if I can't get out!

Why even come here if you're so worried about it?  Many people hate it and pull runners; many people like it and stay.  The thing is--and this is where I have been very lucky--where you work and your supervisor will make you or break you.  It's not like the US where you can tolerate BS, because here, in KSA, it seems like there is BS 24/7 lol  So you've got to LOVE your job in order to survive.

And BTW, this post shouldn't be in this thread. I advise you to delete all your posts (which are all the same) in the various threads and just make ONE, your own.

Yes if your employer is professional they will always gives you exit visa.

pkmusd wrote:

Yes if your employer is professional they will always gives you exit visa.

I'm afraid @pkmusd you are off-topic. @Alliecat was trying to save the thread from going off track but you again are pushing it in the opposite direction.