Working Visa for the US with criminal record

Hello,

I hope that someone can point me in the right direction.. :) 

I am 33years old and currently living in Holland. I have with my company the opportunity to move to the US. However, when I was 17 I got into trouble in the UK and ended up with me receiving two criminal records and a custodial sentence.

ABH - 6 months 
GBH -12 months

Both sentences run concurrent and I spent a total of 6 months in prison.

Of course since this time, I have not been in no further trouble.

Questions: Would I be able to obtain a work permit for the US as I was a minor when I was convicted of the offence and I have no criminal record in adult life?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi
I see this is an old post but I'll chip in anyway ;

Firstly obtain your records from your local police station.  Maybe being a minor means they were expunged. If so you can then look into whether to even declare it or not.

If you do then it should still be easy. The 601 waiver is for people who made mistakes in their younger years and then reformed. (Provide lots of character references)
The 601 is to help you get in not keep you out.

If entering US as a tourist don't admit to any convictions on the plane form or to airport immigration.

I hope it worked out well.

I have written posts about my good experience obtaining a marriage based green card despite having an adult criminal record.

howieg wrote:

Hi
I see this is an old post but I'll chip in anyway ;

Firstly obtain your records from your local police station.  Maybe being a minor means they were expunged. If so you can then look into whether to even declare it or not.

If you do then it should still be easy. The 601 waiver is for people who made mistakes in their younger years and then reformed. (Provide lots of character references)
The 601 is to help you get in not keep you out.

If entering US as a tourist don't admit to any convictions on the plane form or to airport immigration.

I hope it worked out well.

I have written posts about my good experience obtaining a marriage based green card despite having an adult criminal record.

And when did you get your green card?

I got my Green card in May 2013

Awesome! You got a Green Card 2013 using waiver of inadmissavilty and advise on a public forum to blatantly lie when applying for ESTA.
I94 was transferred to on-line services in 2014.