What to expect?

Hello all,

I am moving to Bucharest in August and will be looking for a flat to rent with my partner. We do not really want to spend more than 500 euros p/m and would need the apartment to be furnished.

I have looked on here and e-mailed several contacts but would anybody else be able to recommend any other sites.

Also could anyone who has already experienced trying to rent in Bucharest tell me how much my money will get me etc...

Any advice would be welcome

ta rar

500 should get you something decent at 10-15 minutes from center, provided that you can convince the owner that you can continue paying that amount for a long period of time. It is, of course, a matter of hard negotiation, and having multiple PlanB's.
Should you need an agent, I'd be happy to recommend a few.

Thank you for your reply....that sounds promising...pretty used to haggling as I have lived in Cairo for nearly a year and haggling is litterally used to get a bottle of milk!

If you do know any good estate agent please feel free to forward them on....including any webistes.

Also would you know where is best to go for jobs....looked at various sites but they seem a little bit dodgey so again if you could pass on any advice from your own experiences this would be a massive help.

Cheers J

[Moderated: Please post in the housing section]

Hello John Devery,
it should be possible to find an apartment for EUR 500 which is ok. If you have not found an apartment yet look at the website www.norc-imobiliare.ro which also gives you an geograhical orientation of the apartments.

Do not hezitate to contact me if you have further questions.
Regards
Sraffa

Hi,
At this moment I have an house to rent  NW at 1000 and maybe also apartment, to be confirmed wed 21 by actuals tenant.
If you want more details send me an email at
[email protected]
Otherwise I suggest www.anuntul.ro