Moving To Antigua

My wife and I are planning to move to Antigua later this year; she was born and raised in Guate -has lived here in Los Angeles for over 10 years- and we're looking forward to moving to her homeland. I would like some advice on how she could secure a job (she's in business/administration) before we move. I'm curious of the likelihood of doing a Skype/phone interview; that's not too rare in the states but don't know about in Guatemala. At worst case scenario we can stay with her family in Guatemala City until we find work in Antigua but would prefer to bypass this step. Does anyone know of any Guatemalan job boards that we can post a resume'? As for me working, it's my understanding that I would have to wait at least 3 months to get some residency to then apply for a work visa. I'm not sure if that's correct information though. Also, we would just like to meet some people from the area to connect with. If anyone has any great general advice about moving there (or anything else) we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Hi Marcos777!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Armand wrote:

Hi Marcos777!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Hey Armand thank you for the welcome!

Hi Marcos, I think you can file for your residency before you even arrive -- I'm in the midst of investigating this. I don't know if you have to wait for 3 months to file for residency, but I will find out. If I find out anything I will post in here and let you know :)