Singlish ^^

Hi everyone !

I was in Singapore for three year, but at that time i didn't recognize the fun of speaking Singlish , I'm currently living in HCM, Can you guys living in Singapore or Malaysian tell me some channels , programs or websites that speaks Singlish, Your daily life conversation . I do love it . I'll be back Singapore one day.
I do appreciate your help .
Many thanks .

Wow! First time that I see someone who says he's interested in Singlish haha! Anyways, you can watch some of the local TV programmes here : http://video.xin.msn.com/ , some of it have Singlish :D Hope it helps~

Indeed! Singlish is unique to Singaporean. When I am in HCMC, if any chinese starts speaking English, I will be able to tell that he is a Singaporean immediately.

So to learn this is going to be tough as it's part of growing up in Singapore lah. There are many many unique words that is Singlish.. Kiasu, Kiasi, Kanna Sai, Pai seh, leh, loh, lah, Kopi C, Kopi O, Kopi Siew Tai... just ordering different type of coffee or tea in Singlish will set your brain spinning ! There are some dictionary in the web but it takes practice to speak "fluent" Singlish !

if you want to blend in and kanna stuck with any phrase, ping me lah!

I am learning Vietnamese? wanna exchange? going to HCMC 28 - 5 May!

Hi Michael .

I've been teaching Vietnamese for over a year, but if you want to exchange, it's my pleasure . Can i have your mobile number , time , and address that we can meet . Send it to me through my Email :

[email protected]

I'm willing to hear from you soon .

@blueskiy: Thanks for sharing .