Fingers crossed

Have just applied for a job in POM and thinking if I get it relocating myself, my dog and my boyfriend! He would try to get a job with an oil and gas engineering firm..... Oh a girl can dream!

Any suggestions on accommodation and costs associated, we would need to house our dog!!!

Thanks

Housing is very expensive depenidng on the location and walking dog may be problem.

Getting a dog in should be easy, getting it home may turn into a nightmare.  We left our dog back in NZ and rehomed him (very sad).  He was a very large dog, which actually would have been good - as no one messes with dogs here - they ALL bite...

Most accommodation is apartment style - a standalone house for a dog to run in could cost anywhere from K7500 and up here in POM.  You would need to seriously consider dog welfare as well with the heat, the bugs, and strays - but  I still often see expats with their dogs :). I envy them as I really miss mine :)

Good luck

Thanks heaps for the tips!! The job that I have applied for closes tomorrow so hope to hear more this week. I couldnt rehome the dog!! He is only a small little guy!

Any other tips would be great, also Birdies are there direct flights from PNG to NZ as heading there in aug for the rugby?

[email protected]

No problem,

There are no direct flights, however you can fly Virgin Australia with a 2 hour transfer in Brisbane.  They book you all the way through, so it's almost like a direct flight.  The trip to NZ puts you in Auckland at 1:30am NZ time - but there is a Novotel straight outside the arrivals area that isn't too expensive.  (less than 50 meters away).  The redeye back through Brisbane will have you in  Port Moresby at 1:15pm same day :)

Cheers
Aaron