Living Advice in Yangon

Hi,

Am moving to Yangon for an offer by an MNC. Would greatly appreciate advice on following:

1. What would be an average monthly cost for a centrally located, comfortable, fully furnished (usuals like ac, gas, microwave, fridge, washing, vacuum, etc.) accommodation for one person (1BR + large LR that can house a guest)?

2. Which are the good VIP areas that provide 24hour supply of water and electricity?

3. Is internet facility included in housing rents or already installed and payable as utility?

4. What is average cost for hire of part time domestic staff for cooking and other household work?

5. Apart from accommodation, transport, food, internet, phone calls (incl. international calls), basic leisure & entertainment activities, are there any other common major monthly expenses for expats, that I might be missing? 

6. Am unable to find prices for flight costs to Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh city or other nearby destinations like Singapore. Any approx estimates and are the visa regulations simple?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Sonia

Hi Sonia and welcome to Expat.com!

Your thread has been moved to Myanmar forum for better visibility.;)

Harmonie.

Thanks Harmonie!

Hi Sonia,

Please see the following answers from your questions list.

1. What would be an average monthly cost for a centrally located, comfortable, fully furnished (usuals like ac, gas, microwave, fridge, washing, vacuum, etc.) accommodation for one person (1BR + large LR that can house a guest)?

>>It would be about 300-400 $ for 2 bedroom flat(most only include basic stuff like Aircon, cooker, fridge)

2. Which are the good VIP areas that provide 24hour supply of water and electricity?

>> 24 Hours supply of electricity ares is like Golden Valley, Inya Road, University Avenue Road. But those area is only for detached house.

But you can rent condo such as Pearl Condo for about $500-700 per month.

3. Is internet facility included in housing rents or already installed and payable as utility?

>> Most of the flat does not include internet facility. You can to arrange at your own cost.

4. What is average cost for hire of part time domestic staff for cooking and other household work?

>> Around 70-90$ per month.

5. Apart from accommodation, transport, food, internet, phone calls (incl. international calls), basic leisure & entertainment activities, are there any other common major monthly expenses for expats, that I might be missing?

>> Health care

6. Am unable to find prices for flight costs to Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh city or other nearby destinations like Singapore. Any approx estimates and are the visa regulations simple?

>> Flights to YGN to Bangkok about $250 return. Sometimes there is good package deal.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Phyo

Hi,

I guess that you would have settled into Yangon by now.
I will grow on you.