Car import duties

I'm re-posting this because I've accidentally posted it on another thread (sorry).

I'm going to be an expat in a so called GBL1 company (some also call it GBC1). There used to be a law allowing expat employees of GBL1s to bring their cars duty-free. Does anyone happen to know if that law still applies? If not, do you happen to know what the import duty would be on bringing one's own car (for personal use)?

Many thanks for your kind help

Adam

Thanks for creating this new discussion

There used to be a law allowing expat employees of GBL1s to bring their cars duty-free

I didn't hear about this law sorry. Maybe you should directly contact the authorities? 

Errr looks like there is a problem with the MRA website :/

If you have any feedback relating to this "car import" for GBC1 companies I would be most interested!

Also hadn't heard of this law before, the best I have had is from my removal company quotes who say that you can pay up to 100% import duty on second hand cars.

I'm thinking of buying a cheap scooter here in SA and sticking it in my container instead!

Hi
My advice would be not to import a vehicle or scooter to Mauritius. The hassle, cost of shipping etc is not worth it. There are plenty of second vehicles for sale and prices are pretty good, not as cheap in the UK or Europe though. I have imported a vehicle a couple of years ago and I am still having MRA wanting some more money. Best place to search the small adverts in L'Express. Good luck

Mo