Life in Kuwait is what you choose to make it

Hark Denizens and expats, as I weave a tale of glory and splendor for your reading pleasure.

several expats upon landing on the sands of Kuwait are struck with a sense of alien indifference. the initial shock sometimes takes a while to get over, mostly being the atmosphere.

a sense of loneliness engulfs all expats here; it is expected given that Kuwait is made up of 2/3 transients, you are here either to work or to study, then you are out. establishing a connection is often a difficult task.

That however, is the argument of a mind that refuses to be proactive.

those with creativity can view this as a niche, some have even turned it into a business, whilst others strive to help others in alleviating the boredom. the likes of Elena and her group on meetup.com as well as others.

In a small way, I hoped to do the same, giving advice to expats, both current and potential, on the ins and outs of Kuwait.

The result? This; an interview in Bazaar Magazine as a blogger/writer.

You play the hand you are dealt my friends, you can either sit and wait for things to happen, or set out to make them happen. Life is not offered to you on a silver platter, its your decision to reach for it.

So explore the limits of your creativity, use it in any way you think is most expressive of you, to you.

and enjoy.

you have to be like a turtle - you can make progress only when you stick your neck out :)

:one AllyBee :D

do not wait for others to do, go out and adopt a DIY attitude

That was a great article.  It really gave me insight into who you are and why you are so actively involved in this forum.  Keep up the great contribution!

thnx for your efforts n it was a great interview :))

Mousa

thanks all :D we do what we can and you'll always find me here :)

Great post, great article! I agree. You have to give it a chance, be open and make the most of it.

thanks MJD, as always :D

Good Post.

a real, right from the heart sort of message, i appreciate ur welcome gesture to the expats. Keep up ur good work. can u also add if working in northern region in Kuwait has any risks, i mean since it is bordering Iraq would there be any military activity involved. Also is it too far from the residential areas, i mean would there be a lot of travelling involved if one were to work in the northern oil fields in Kuwait. would appreciate a response from u.

Aw Legacy! really impressive! And it's true. You have to make things happen and stop complaining!

inarun, we have not heard of any spats near the borders, it is relatively safe :)

Nayana ;)

Hey Raj :D

the top organizers of get togethers are Elena and her crew of expats over on www.meetup.com, just look for the kuwait group, its called new and not so new, good fun promised, guaranteed and delivered :)

in Saudi atm, not much chance of any outings here :P