Is 30k/month AED enough for Dubai (help needed)?

Hi,

I need some help with a proposal I have for Dubai.

Their offering 30k/month AED (have to pay housing and car allowance from this). Thay also pay an allowance for flight home for me and my wife once a year, medical insurance for both, variable bonus, and school for kids (which we still don't have). (I think it can go up to 34K/month if I negociate). They pay it in a lump sum per month.
We're moderated in what comes to spending too much money in our way of life.

What's your opinion? I know is enough to live in Dubai, but will it be enough to have a good life and save some money?

This salary is about 3x more than waht I get now in my country were I have a very confortable life.
I'm from Portugal, and have 7 year experience in food business and quality management. Have a degree in the food technology.

The idea is my wife also get a job in same business when we get there.

Thank you for your opinions!

Hi

Yes it is enough. All depend on ur way of life, u can rent a one bedroom falt if in Dubai with AED 50 K in good location but if u in Abu Dhabi one bed room falt cost double dubai almost.

Car there are many options so u can have car with AED 1 K per month for 4 years as loan or u can spend AED 10 K on car loan per month, so it is all up to u

in general AED 30 K, with return flight, bonus , insurnace and shcooling is good.

Go a head and goodluck

Hi There,

I would say it is plenty especially if your wife is going to be working as well. I have many clients that are on far less than this each month and they still save regulary with me monthly for their futures.

There are many different options when it comes to where you will live and how much it will cost - this is somethign that i really struggled with as estate agents here aren't up top the standard in general that you may be used to - however, i have now found a couple of good contacts and would be happy to pass you their details - just email me directly on [email protected] for anything you may need help with.

I am reasonably new to Dubai and know how difficult it can be when you have a lot of questions - if i can help with anything i will be more than happy to just send me an email and if i don't know i'll find you someone that will!

It makes life so much easier being able to speak to someone already here!!

Good Luck with everything - hopefully hear from you soon,

Karly

Hi pops134;

You must be in good life here. That amount would fit your right living a life in moderate condition. I know how it feels like in your country living in daily life with your culture. But getting here and living with that compensation would add up more in your expertise - try it and good luck!

Hi there...my view aed30k is quite good and you can have a comfortable life style and more so if your works. Again, depends on lifestyle ( where you dine, wht type of car you drive, area you live, number of time going to movies, clubbin, brunching) Fully furnished apt ranges from aed7.5k to 8.0k per month in a good location. i don drink myself, so have no idea. entertainment is aplenty here, SALIK (road toll) aed4 per charge and cap to certain amount in a day , parking ( free from ceratin hours) and fuel is aed 1.80 per litre. all the best !

yes 30-35K is very reasonable and you can have a above middle-class status off course if you dont intend to live it like a local sheikh ;)

yes 30-35K is very reasonable and you can have a above middle-class status off course if you dont intend to live it like a local sheikh ;)

I think a person of your calibre should atleast demand AED 50k per month