Jogging in Jeddah

Assalamu Alaikum Jeddians :)

I will be visiting the Kingdom for two weeks starting next thursday inshallah, official business, work. It is my second time visiting Saudi. Will be staying in Dammam and Jeddah.

Being on audit it is difficult to find free time as most of the days are spent from 8am till 8pm on sight.

If possible though, would like to get to know from you kind folks the following:

1) How do i get to the "floating mosque" in Jeddah? Like what do I tell the taxi driver?

2) What other attractions are available at night, for "bachelors", as I am yet unmarried?

3) and most importantly, if I wanted to go jogging in the streets of Jeddah, as I do here in Kuwait, would I be arrested for wearing shorts whilst running?

Many thanks to all,

would you go to the Jeddah Marathon?

1)
it is on the ocean front down the road for Saudi City compound (google earth/map that and continue down tot he water and you will see it) not sure the address, but by the khaladiya (spelling?) district.

2)
no idea. red sea mall has gokarts tho that were fun and fast

3)
Nope. i rode around in bike kit constantly with no problems on my bicycle.

unfortunately i am only here until this thursday, so the marathon is out of the question :P i did go running tho, in long pants JiC even tho it was at night, they have me staying in an area called faisaleya, lots of construction going around.

alas, maybe visiting the floating mosque will have to be postponed till my next audit here :)

dammam is very beautiful tho, in comparison with jeddah it is very quiet indeed

@legacy

Is that your blog? It's informative.

thank you gvgme :) stay tuned for the upcoming posts regarding Jeddah :D

thanks again for the kind words

Great, I'll wait for it.