Another visa question - urgent

Hi all.
I am currently in KSA on a 90 day entry visa which was to be converted into an iqama, I arrived on this visa 6 weeks ago, had my medical both in UK and KSA.Needless to say there is a problem with aquiring the iqama as my company has done some underhanded practices to get me out here.
I am due a vacation in 2 weeks as my daughter is having her first child and I need to be back to welcome her into the world. This was stipulated as utmost importance for me to be home at this time and my employer agreed to the 1 week away.
My question is, and I think I know the answer,can I travel and regain entry on this visa? My other question would be if re-entry was not allowed on this visa what would happen if you had to travel in an emergency?
Anyone got an answer for me.

It depends how many days or months  your exit re-entry valid? :cool:

There are 3 important things that you can look for on your business visa:

(1)  Validity of the Visa - this is located towards the top of the visa and I am assuming from your original post that this says 90 days.
(2)  Duration of Stay - this is located towards the bottom right hand side of the visa.  In your case, this will probably say 30 indicating that every 30 days you have to exit the country and re-enter.
(3)  Number of Entries - this is located towards the middle bottom portion of the visa.  This will either say SINGLE or MULTIPLE.  This is the most important part of your visa to determine whether you can come back into the country if you exit.  If it says SINGLE then you are out of luck.  Once you exit the country on a single entry visa then you will have to re-apply for another visa to re-enter.  If this says MULTIPLE then you are good to go - you can exit and re-enter the country as many times as you want as long as it is within the validity of your visa.

Good luck!!

Moestavern wrote:

My question is, and I think I know the answer,can I travel and regain entry on this visa? My other question would be if re-entry was not allowed on this visa what would happen if you had to travel in an emergency?

:) Your best bet: Have a look at the visa stamped (sticker) on the passport. If it says 'Single Entry', you can't exit and get back.

In case, it is single-entry visa, please talk to your manager.
I belive (not sure though) they must issue a letter in the name of Saudi Embassy in UK describing the situation and asking for the restamping of the same visa.

houstonian wrote:

(1)  Validity of the Visa - this is located towards the top of the visa and I am assuming from your original post that this says 90 days.
(2)  Duration of Stay - this is located towards the bottom right hand side of the visa.  In your case, this will probably say 30 indicating that every 30 days you have to exit the country and re-enter.
(3)  Number of Entries - this is located towards the middle bottom portion of the visa.  This will either say SINGLE or MULTIPLE.  This is the most important part of your visa to determine whether you can come back into the country if you exit.  If it says SINGLE then you are out of luck.  Once you exit the country on a single entry visa then you will have to re-apply for another visa to re-enter.  If this says MULTIPLE then you are good to go - you can exit and re-enter the country as many times as you want as long as it is within the validity of your visa.

Good luck!!

Thanks for getting back so quickly, My visa is for 90 days,
Duration of stay 90 Days, it neither says single nor Multiple so I presume I am screwed
There will be a lot of unhappy people back home when this news is broken to them.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
Moestavern wrote:

:) Your best bet: Have a look at the visa stamped (sticker) on the passport. If it says 'Single Entry', you can't exit and get back.
The visa sticker does not say single or multiple but just has Entry Visa 50 Riyals

In case, it is single-entry visa, please talk to your manager.
I belive (not sure though) they must issue a letter in the name of Saudi Embassy in UK describing the situation and asking for the restamping of the same visa.

Thanks thats very helpful if true

wilson_derry wrote:

It depends how many days or months  your exit re-entry valid? :cool:

Valid from 24/2/12

I am on a business visa as well and I just looked at the stamp again and mine specifically says MULTIPLE right next to Number of Entries.  So this may require your employer to do something on your behalf so you can join your family in welcoming your grandchild.

houstonian wrote:

I am on a business visa as well and I just looked at the stamp again and mine specifically says MULTIPLE right next to Number of Entries.  So this may require your employer to do something on your behalf so you can join your family in welcoming your grandchild.

Your visa is a business visa that is not intended to be converted to Iqama. @Moestavern case is different and I'm very positive that his employer can do the required for him. Also, I'm quite sure he won't have to start over the visa procedure.

If the Visa is Multiple entry and valid, u can probably come back. But once it expires, u cant. I doubt if a Visit Visa can be converted in an Iqama here... Next to impossible... Check your deck well before moving further.

Thanks for all your help everyone, but it seems like after the stink I kicked up yesterday that my iqama will mysteriously appear tomorrow or the day after (heard this one before mind)
Al

Wait wait.. if you have an iqama processed on the visa that you are holding in your passport, then I am assuming it wont be a business visa but rather a permanent work permit. In which case even though it says valid for 90 days that if I am not mistaken - validity for 90 days from stamping to entry into the Kingdom.

In the above case, where you have a profession typed out in the visa and all that, you should be able to get a exit rentry and travel once you get your Iqama. The ministry would need your passport for making the Iqama if I am not wrong.

All the best mate!

RedGoblin wrote:

Wait wait.. if you have an iqama processed on the visa that you are holding in your passport, then I am assuming it wont be a business visa but rather a permanent work permit. In which case even though it says valid for 90 days that if I am not mistaken - validity for 90 days from stamping to entry into the Kingdom.

In the above case, where you have a profession typed out in the visa and all that, you should be able to get a exit rentry and travel once you get your Iqama. The ministry would need your passport for making the Iqama if I am not wrong.

All the best mate!

There is no profession writen on my visa, well not that I can see, it may be in arabic though.

Thanks again, will report on how this pans out.

Good luck my friend... and welcome to the real Saudi Arabia...

RedGoblin wrote:

All the best mate!

Good heavens.. My visa which was issued on 29th Feb 2012 by Saudi Embassy in India and says the following:

Validity: 90 days
Period of stay : 90 days
Profession: Financial Analyst (In Arabic)

This means, I should land in KSA before 90 days from 29th Feb 2012; which is around 25th May or so depending on the Hijri Calendar.. and can stay there for atleast 90 days (if not permanently) for processing my Iqama .. Right??

Thanks for all the information

Everything or Nothing

houstonian wrote:

Good luck!!

Thanks Houstonian.. Can someone help me translate my Visa ?? I would like to know it if says SINGLE or MULTIPLE.. Drop me your email ID.. or PM me..

I was told you have to land within 60days and have iqama before 90days after entering KSA else I have to leave.

First thing... Is that a Work Visa or a 'Visit Visa'. With a work visa u can get the Iqama and only then get a new Exist & Re-entry visa. With a Visit Visa, unless it is Multiple-Entry, you can not leave the Kingdom and come back. I hope this helps.

Mine is a work visa..

Just PMed you @ghanshyampdave

Just to let you all know and if indeed you are interested, my iqama has arrived 2 days ago, my plane tickets are in my hand my exit entry visa in my pocket and my passport returned to me. Cutting it fine but the main thing is I can get back home to see my new grandaughter born 4 days ago mother and baby doing well.
Just need to fly around a mall tonight to find a nice pressy for Alannah Jayne, oh and its my wifes birthday as well.
Thanks for all your suggestions and comments
Al

Great to know @Moestavern that iqama thing has been sorted out and you are good to go. Felt a bit sorry for not being able to be there for the granddaughter.

Have a safe trip & we wish you all the best :)

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Great to know @Moestavern that iqama thing has been sorted out and you are good to go. Felt a bit sorry for not being able to be there for the granddaughter.

Have a safe trip & we wish you all the best :)

Thanks

Congrats Moestavern. hav a great time with yor grand daughter and of course, with your wife. Take care.:)