Starting a Expat Am-dram (amateur dramatic) group

Hiya

I'm new to this Expat.com site but not new to Malaysia, I've been here for the last three years working as a drama lecturer, teaching acting , writing and directing various productions from comedy skits to Broadway musicals in my job at an International school.

I use to write, direct and perform a lot in England and America and joined a expat drama group while I lived in Hong Kong for five years. I am interested in starting a expat amateur dramatic group here in Malaysia as this outside project from work gives me a chance to perform and interact with other like minded expats that have an interest in theatre and the arts.

I live in the state of Selangor, KL and if people are interested in creating an Expat Am-dram group then please do not hesitate to contact me.

"If the whole world is a stage, then were do we rehearse?'

Hi McQ,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I like to be a part of this if I can.
I like to know more about it.

I am Halit,European background an Australian citizen I am not a young man,been here in Malaysia long time.

The idea of this group is to build a amateur dramatics group made of of all walks of live from various age ranges with the goal of putting together an original small scale production.
I have only been living here for over two years so if people that are interested could help in advising me in cheap hall hire or recommendations for space for the group to meet up and rehearse then I would appreciate it.
This project would take some time no doubt, so I am still building interest and networking, if you can help spread the word amongst other expat societies then this would certainly help us move along.
I have taken down your details for reference, thanks again for your interest lets keep talking.

There is so many censoring relating local sensitivities so I might be helping on this area if there is any potential play.

I love this idea. I would be so keen on doing this. Don't worry about censoring. I know a few people in PJ Live Arts and alot of their materials are independent and controversial but they make for a good laugh.

Do drop me a line if you will be going ahead with this. I am very keen on being a part of this project.

hi ,that`s a wonderfull idea, I would love to have a try...even Im a bit shy...by the way my bf is a musician and music composer..so he might be a big help for ur project..here is his HP
Yasser : 012 6167590
so if ur intersted just call him or drop me a line :-)
Cheers..
Mounia

Hiya

Its great to see so much interest in a potential amateur dramatic group.
I am currently directing the musical Hairspray at my school at present, but I am looking to run a drama workshop for adults and new time beginners to see the interest from expats and locals. The workshop will take place in the P.J. district, held sometime in July on a weekend.

More details will follow shortly...

I look forward to meeting and working with you all.

Thanks

I will so much interested in this. Get me involved. My number is 0102982491

THEATRE MASTER CLASS

CHARACTER ACTING WORKSHOP

SUNDAY 12th August 10:00 am - 1:00 pm

FIVE ARTS CENTER

[email protected]

CLASSES ARE CONDUCTED IN BARE FOOT

Thank you and hope to see you there.

Hello McQ.

Could you please post an advert in the Classes section in the Kuala Lumpur classifieds? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

m in

Just wondering if you had success in getting this off the ground because i'd be very interested to hear more and participate. 

Does anyone know of any amateur theatre groups here in KL.  I did quite a bit theatre growing up and would be interested to re-engage in something during the few years that I am going to be living here...

I would love to join... How do we sign up?

Hello,

I wonder if there is any minimum age requirement for this group as I am only 18 and I am not an expatriate, however I am really interested in being a part of this group. I hope I am welcomed. My email is : [email protected] :)

Zara, you'd do great here..
im a musician myself..songwriter,guitarist and singer..we should really come up with something that would make a difference..

deleted