Some Good Ways To Meet People In Paris

Hey guys - I've noticed there's often a lot of people wondering how to make friends in Paris. It can be tough! It's easy to feel lonely especially if you don't speak French. When I first came here I felt that way sometimes. But I found this post on Hipparis.com that helped me a lot:

hipparis.com/2012/01/30/expat-special-what-to-do-with-one-month-in-paris/

It has suggestions like Jim Haynes' Sunday dinners (which I went to - it was super fun!) and going to a Franglish meeting, where French speakers practice their English and vice versa. These suggestions are great because it accepts that we're all strangers to each other before we become friends, and that we just have to push through that first phase!

When all else fails, just open up and smile, and don't be afraid to talk to people, even if you're not great at French (I barely manage myself)! Good luck!!

hi there,

its really nice info and i hope its goin to be helpful for others too. Thx parischeapskate

Hi all,

That is great info and really helpful. It is so hard to make friends in a new place and the language barrier just makes it even more difficult. I actually went to a conversation group and soirees put on my a francophile website that my friend recommended to me. I know how this sounds, a little weird.. however it is fabulous!!

I have since attended the ones that are held here in Melbourne now I am back for the opposite situation, (French in Australia) Its a great way to meet people from all different areas of the world and it also helped me brush up on my french! I cannot recommend it enough!!

I hope this has been a tad useful and helpful :) I have posted a link below to one of the previous events held by this particular group, they hold them all the time!!!. Hope you enjoy.

myfrenchlife.org/2012/06/07/sharing-the-passion-french-and-francophiles-soiree-at-les-etages-in-paris-31-may-2012/