Help: Jobs in Stockholm/Sweden for english speakers

Hi,

I'm 23 and will be finished my business degree in May.
I am hoping to move to Stockholm to work and am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of what companies employ english speaker. I would even be happy to start initially just doing a internship.

I have a small amount of german, but no swedish, but I am willing to try and learn swedish.

Any suggestion are welcome.
Thanks for your help!
Sue

Hi Sue. Good luck in your adventure. My advice is to get up to speed as quickly as you can with the language. Pretty much everyone speaks English, but you have to work twice as hard to get into a role when competing head on with native speakers. So really REALLY try and get as much of a vocal grasp on the language as you can before you arrive. It's normal to be offered a "praktikplats" first. Especially if you have no employment history in Sweden. Usually it's for a 2 month period, and you basically work for free. It's a little exploitive, but employers can't take someone on trial unless there is a genuine prospect of a real job at the end of it. After the trial period, you are often offered an "anställningsprovning". This is a fixed term contract, again as a trial. But with a real salary this time. Usually it's for 6 months. Again, the employer would have to have a damned good reason not to hire you permanently after the trial period. So they can't just make use of you and then dump you.

trainee.nu/soka.asp
that is a site where you can look for trainee programmes. some of them runs in english. if you want some extra babysitting job can contact me on [email protected]

Hello,
I have sent you an email.Kindly get back to me.
Gabriel.

Hi Sue

I am a 22yr old brit in the same situation. I was wondering if you have made any headway with finding work? I am looking to study and work in Stockholm and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Dan

Hey I am in the same situation now , I have finished my studies in England and now I am looking for the job in Sweden. If you got any valuable advice can you please let me know, as I really do not even know where to start. :/

-> Sl124
-> Dan Francis
-> Jolita,

Hello and welcome to Expat.com,
Did you already have a look in the Jobs section of the Classifieds?
Wishing you success in your venture
Cheers
Arlette

Hi,I am hardeep fromIndia 27yrs old- I am moving to skovde for my MS. I am looking for a partime jobs .I am very fluent in english and learning swedish.Kindly help me with some links or website where i can do registration.I am looking for jobs either in goteborg/stockholm or skovde..thank you

Hi hardeep,
You should maybe post this in Stockholm classifieds?
Cheers
Arlette

am roy mutebi in uganda.am an expert physiotherapist.i have worked on foreighners here from various countries like holland,germany and the Usa.i work mo on relaxing the mind through massage,healing body pains through massage and awakening vains so that blood can move properly.Am looking for a job in Sweedish because i like the Swedish people so much and as a country.i speak english and several African languages.Hope to hear form any one with advise .thank you

hi,i am Khrystyna.I just have come to Sweden and I am looking for a job.I know english,russian fluently and german,swedish and italian-basic level.If anyone can help me,please contact me on my e-mail:[email protected]

Hi Khrystyna,

welcome to Expat.com!

I would suggest you to introduce yourself in a new topic on the Stockholm forum for better visibility.

You could post an advert in the Jobs in Stockholm section.

Best of luck,
Christine

Hello,
My name is David, I am a 30 years old full of life EU citizen living in London and looking to move to Stockholm. I am fluent in English and Portuguese and have as well great level of Italian language and Spanish.
Hold a Bachelor Degree in business Administration and years of experience working for big international Banks and as well other large organizations. Employers includes ABN AMRO Bank, HSBC, HARRODS, The Wellington Hospital, VOEST Alpine and others, always on the administrative side, accounts, cashier and customer services.
Very quick learner and hard worker. Unfortunately I do not speak Swedish language yet but I will definitely learn. How are my real chances of getting a job in Stockholm? Things like receptionist in Gyms for example, sales assistant, work in the airport, cinema, theatres or anything really where the language won't be a barrier. Please reply on my email if you have any suggestions or could help me. Many thanks :)
If you can please reply me here or on my email(easier): [email protected]

Hi David,

Please feel free to post an advert in the Administrative job offers in Stockholm section, this might be helpful. :)

Thank you,

David.

Hello,
My name is Mulinge  , I am a 30 years old a Kenyan citizen and very new in sweden- 2 weeks old here. I am fluent in English and have enrolled for swedish classes. Holds a Bachelor Degree in economics and  years of experience working for big Banks in kenya.Always on the Loans side, administrative side, accounts, cashier and customer services. Very quick learner and hard worker. How are my real chances of getting a job in Stockholm or any other  town in sweden? Things like  sales assistant, work in the airport or anything really where the language won't be a barrier. Please reply on my email if you have any suggestions or could help me. Many thanks If you can please reply me here or on my email(easier): [email protected]

Hello dayttz.

You may browse this page ---> Jobs in Stockholm or even post your resume/CV there.

Thanks and best of luck.

Karen :)

[Moderated: Avoid Copy Paste on the forum.]

As a general statement, I would say that finding a job in Stockholm is best done in the old-fashioned way - knocking on doors. My son has just done that, in the face of the reported shortage of employment opportunities there. He is greatly advantaged by his fluency in speaking Norwegian, and someone who speaks only English would have very limited opportunities. Nevertheless, he has encountered a huge amount of goodwill in the City, and his success in finding a job should encourage people who are willing to knock on doors.

People who send CVs in English from outside the country won't usually have much luck, I think.

Hi!

I am an Australian girl looking to move to Stockholm within the next few months.

I obviously speak English as well as German fluently and a tiny bit of Swedish - something i plan to knuckle down on prior to leaving for Sweden..

I have a Bachelor of Design in Styling and Creative Direction (fashion/photography/art). I havn't been working in this field of work for that long.. What are the chances of finding work in Stockholm (with beginners Swedish)??

Thank you! Any info is very much appreciated!!

Pru :)

Hej,

There are some websites providing English speaking jobs information in Sweden. Most of the English speaking jobs in I.T field. and also some part time jobs also doesn't need Swedish.

English speaking jobs in Stockholm, Sweden - swedjob.com/

hej,

I am curretnly working in Spain, but i wish to find a job in Sweden in the area of Stokcholm or another city closeby.
My boyfriend is there and i wish to be with him.
I have an academic background in French and European provate law (market law, labour law, contract law).
I am French native speaker and can speak English, Spanish and i am learning Swedish for almost nine months,
can anyone help me to find some good websites to find a work for English speakers in the area of administration/ customer services ?

regards and thanks for your help,

Marie