Help with living in malta

hi a brief overview of a situation ...... im living in malta i have citizenship and i am working .....my partner has moved over to live with me from the rep of ireland she is currently not working and she is pregnant ..... how does this affect her residency? i was told that eec members could now stay in malta without the need for permits

I think you could check what permits (if any) your partner needs with the Department of Citizenship & Expatriate Affairs:

3 Castille Place,
Valletta VLT 2000.
Tel: 21 250 569 / 2200 1800
Fax: 21 237 513 / 2200 1830
E-mail: [email protected]

http://www.mfa.gov.mt/default.aspx?MDIS=522

I believe they are open every day until 11AM - closed Wednesday.

Good luck!

Hi,

you have Maltese citizenship?

Your partner will need residency in Malta. It sounds as if she already has residency. If the residency granted is without time-limit she should be ok but she will have to solve the health insurance issue and make sure that she is covered. Private health insurance companies will not cover pre-existing conditions and I guess that you can't avoid considering a pregnancy being in this category-)))If she was paying NI contributions in Malta through work she can contuinue paying on her own.

I have heard that Castille have recently moved around the corner to new rooms. Check out the various residency categories online using the link given and see where she fits in.

Cheers
Ricky