Effective Pass Appeal

Hi beppy,

I used to work in sg some 3 years ago, for a different industry, now ic i'm back, i am applying for a different industry, i dont have my previous details anymore, do i need to declafe those? And will they still compare it to what info i have now?

Thanks for the quick response

I assume you are applying for another EP/S-Pass/WP.
In that case, MoM has and will look at your previous application data. If there are discrepancies or differences to information given in your new application, they will ask or reject your application.
So it is important to tell the truth - if this is what you are asking about.

Hi Beppi,

I am an Australian who recently got a job offer to work as a senior engineer in singapore for a large government organisation and after applying for my EP in late january only had a response rejecting my application yesterday. HR has advised that they will submit the appeal by end of this week.

I have requested details from HR regarding the details for the rejection but based off previous experience they have been less than forthcoming with providing me with certain details.

Just to give you a background on my situation
I have a degree in engineering (graduating with first class honours) degree in business (graduating with distinction), diploma in engineering practice & diploma in project management. 5 years post graduate experience and 3 years undergraduate work experience in the engineering field. I have read about the shortage of skilled/experienced engineers in singapore and thought it would be easy to get my visa approved.

I cant really think of any reason why they would reject my application? Any idea so I can improve my chances on the appeal? Should I be worried?

Could it be that your salary is below or above market norms?
With all your various certificates and work experience, it is difficult for me to give an estimate of what you should earn, but maybe you havedone some research before and have an idea. My best guess is that you should be in the S$7000-12000/month range, but I might be wrong here.
Other than that, I see nothing wrong in your profile.

The average singaporean wages for an engineer are a lot lower than that of australia and yes i am taking a significant pay cut for this job in singapore albeit the different tax regimes but i really want the international experience.

After researching the average wage of a senior engineer my offered salary would be on par with the local conditions.

Worst part is I've tried to do the right thing by my current employer and advise them of my intentions to leave as we are very short staffed and work on critical public infrastructure projects, some of which have been cancelled on  the expectation that I would be leaving my current job. I'm really hoping the appeal is approved in a timely manner.

Your company should contact MoM and ask for the rejection reasons - they do not always tell them, but it is worth a try so they can address the right issues in the appeal (an appeal without additional information that was not submitted before is a waste of time!). Sometimes it helps to be persistent and press for a personal meeting with the MoM officer-in-charge (to which they could bring you along to show seriousness).
Good luck!

Hi. I just finally found a job and the company is applying a S pass for me.

But it has been 7 weeks since the application date and the application status I checked on the MOM website is still pending. Is it normal....

I am an Indonesian graduated from a local poly and is under the tuition grant bond that requires me to work in Singapore to pay off my bond. I am really depressed since it has been a year since I graduated, and I have no job and the MOE says they will prompt me to pay for my bond if I can't find job. But honestly I really want to work but when I ask the agent that applied for my application, the agent told me MOM asked for company info prior to my enquiry, and now MOM still reviewing and told us to wait.

I have been waiting for so long and I heard from some acquaintances from private school only took 3 or 4 weeks to get approval for their application. helpppp

Hi anivre, first and foremost thing is don't lose hope and wait for the final outcome.

Secondly, if you see other threads in this forum, people are waiting more than2 months (in some cases). So, it's now a trend that MoM takes longer than usual 1 month time frame.

Thirdly, do not compare your case with someone else as each case has its weightage and merit. MoM does consider each case on its own merit.

Wish you all the best.

Hi surya2k.

maybe I'm just too impatient. thank you.

Questions and answers about the labor market

Ask your question
Jobs in the science sector
By Lucyrose50
Myo Hlaing
Adverse record
By Myo Hlaing
s-pass appeal duration
By bryan1989
Visit singapore for Job seeking
working in Singapore
By vikramjeet

Expatriate health insurance in Singapore

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Singapore

Moving to Singapore

Find tips from professionals about moving to Singapore

Travel insurance in Singapore

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Singapore

Flights to Singapore

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Singapore