From UK to UAE: life/work info required

Dear All

I am relatively new to this site and would be grateful to anyone with information or knowledge of the steps required in order to work in the UAE.

I have a Franchise Management and Business Development background including PR, Marketing and Events (which include written, radio and TV work).  I am currently undertaking a Masters in TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) and Professional Coaching course to go along side this.

I have started researching UK, American and Irish companies who have businesses based in UAE. I will also contact the English Embassy to see if they can assist in some way too.

Does anyone have any ideas or input they can pass onto me, or wish to share their experiences of how they have found relocating?

I seem to find a lot of so-called recruitment agencies on the web who say they can help locate employment, however ask for money and are obviously fake!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

L

It usually helps by applying for jobs

That is obvious

Hi summer77!

Have you tried having a look at the Dubai guide articles?
It might be of some help!

Regards
Armand

HI ,

Yes ,you can connect with Abu dhabi high education .May you can find what you want.

Peace

Thanks to those who have responded so far. Much appreciated!

Kind Regards

Laura

Hi Summer..genuine recruitment agency will not ask for a single penny out of you and you can tell how professional they are on the very first time they contacted you. You may want to try this recruitment agent leap29.com.  They will coordinate with your future employer from air ticket, temporary accommodation, employment contract, visa ( they shall be advising you when to resign etc) - they are acting on behalf of your future employer in good faith. I have known also agency whose roles up to you signing of employment contract. Relocating and mobilization will be done by the future employer from arranging air ticket, obtaining visa ( the company will pay for your visa) temporary acommodation , personal goods shipment (if any and depends company policy). From my experience, it should be a smooth process and hassle-free process. I have had made two relocation from 2 different countries and it was smooth process. All the best to you !

Hi There

Thank you for your input, very helpful indeed!  I shall contact the recruitment agency you mention on Monday.

May I ask what you do yourself for work?  How long have you been in Dubai (and how did you find relocating)?

If there is any other aspects of relocating you can think of that may help me, please do keep in contact and let me know.

Kind Regards

Laura

Hi Laura,

Anytime and my pleasure.

I am an accountant, heading a section in Finance dept for an oil and gas company, HQ in Dubai. Myself, I have been in Dubai for about 10 months and kind of discovering and learning about this city and of course the people. How did I end up landing my current position is just by clicking "Apply and Submit" job advertisement button of http://www.leap29.com (or you may want to try http://www.bayt.com ). This was after countless of CVs I sent out :). The rest were histories. I was in Qatar for 2 years before moving to Dubai, and from what I have experienced myself, it has been a good experienc and enriching journey so far.

I am not sureand familiar other than Finance domain but I guess if you know of any person in the organization, it helps to certain extent because some positions are not advertised to the public for whatsoever reasons that might be. Another option  that you may want to consider (I know some did) is to come and visit UAE and at the same time trying to find a job here ( but of course early planning and preparations help such as researching and knowing your target and potential employers etc. Again, if you know someone, it does not guarantee you land a job, but it helps.   

Hope this helps a little bit. Let me know if I can be of further help.

Hi!

Great input, thank you very much. I now have more on an insight when conducting research over this coming weekend.

I shall plan a weeks trip to Dubai later in the year and hopefully combine this with some interviews at the same time.

Thanks again!

Kind Regards

Laura

Dear irwanla,

I was passing by I saw this statement of you regarding leap29.

Do you know well this company? They often post the same offers, they never answer the phone nor the e-mails, it seems to be fake... what can you say?

Regards

Hi sepoln,

Please note that this thread is quite old and might not not be active anymore.

Please feel free to post an advert on the United Arab Emirates forum, this might help. Thank you! :)

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.