Hello fellow expats

I am from the U.S.living in Curitiba with my Curitibana wife of 11 years. We moved to Bahia in 2008, from the U.S. and now reside in this beautiful city of Curitiba for 2 years. My wife and I teach English privately here and we have alot of fun doing it.
There are so many good things to say about Curitiba, so for the inquisitive traveler wanting any information on visiting here, feel free to write me with your questions,I will reply to the best of my ability. Forbes Magazine rates Curitiba the best city to live in, in Brasil. I can attest to that!

Hello Mark I am an Australian also married to a Brasilian living in Curitiba for one year now.We are both teaching English here although my Portuguese is not very good yet maybe we can organise some lessons with your wife. Kind regards Darren

hi darren, thanks for writing your post. yes, most certainly we can try to organize a class for portuguese with edilma. let's try to meet each other and go from there. we live in capao da imbuia, four blocks from the orange bus busline. our apartment is rather small for company but we could meet in central at one of your locations that you like. saturdays after noontime and sundays are good for us.we haven't really met any foreigners here since we moved here so, this would be great. my portuguese is limited also, mainly because edilma and i always speak english together(that's my fault,laziness).but, as soon as i quit my laziness and speak portugues with her on a consistent basis, i know my language will get better. we can try this when we meet. and then after you and i used all our portuguese vocabulary up,we can start talking english hahah!anyway,let us know what you think, and thanks again for writing. mark and edilma

Hello Mark
I had a good laugh reading your message. It seems you are in a similar situation to us. I would love to meet you and swap experiences. My mother is here from Australia at present so we have lots planned to do with her until she leaves on the 20th April. Maybe we can meet after this date ,we live in Xaxim,       my e-mail is: [email protected]

Kind regards
Darren Gainsford